Santa Cruz County BoardMatch helps you learn about first-time board service and matches you to a local nonprofit serving a cause you care about.
Is BoardMatch For Me?
Yes, if you want help finding a nonprofit for possible board service.
Yes, if you're not currently serving on a board OR you haven't been recruited onto one.
Yes, if in addition to wanting help finding a match you want to learn or review the basics of being an engaged board member.
Yes, if you want to build your professional résumé and network with other committed individuals.
Does it Work?
It sure does. Since 2004, we've placed over 150 individuals into first-time board service.
During our two-evening program you get:
- An overview of the nonprofit sector and how it works.
- An understanding of the board’s legal responsibilities and governance role.
- Your questions about board service answered (and any fears addressed) in a fun group setting.
- An opportunity to participate in a simulated board meeting of a fictitious nonprofit, with a real-life decision for you to make.
- Time to meet with 3-4 potential nonprofit matches during our high-energy Nonprofit Speed Dating.
- Time to network with other people like you.
Wednesdays, November 2 (6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) and November 16, (6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
You do not need to register and pay to participate. See www.cfscc.org/BoardMatch for details.
Email Luis Chabolla or call 831.662.2030.
When & Where
Community Foundation Santa Cruz County
Whether you're a donor, professional advisor or nonprofit, you'll find workshops, free consultation, a resource library and networking opportunities here at your local community foundation.