Full Lineup Announced! The gates will open at 10am on Sat and 10:30 on Sun. BUDDY GUY headlines the Saturday Blues show for his 80th Birthday Tour. JOSH TURNER headlines Sunday's Country lineup.
SATURDAY BLUES LINEUP:
BUDDY GUY, TROMBONE SHORTY w/ Orleans Avenue, ROBERT RANDOLPH and the Family Band, INDIGENOUS, and CAROLYN WONDERLAND
SUNDAY COUNTRY LINEUP:
JOSH TURNER, DAVID NAIL, GRANGER SMITH w/ Earl Dibbles, Jr., CANAAN SMITH, BRODIE STEWART, LEAVING AUSTIN.
Get ready for some house rockin’ Blues, Americana, and Country Music as we kick the summer into high gear at the 2nd Annual Santa Cruz American Music Festival on Memorial Day weekend, May 28th & 29th, 2016. Memorial Day weekend traditionally marks the beginning of summer vacations, family fun, and great musical experiences shared with both old and new friends. For more than 23 years Aptos Village Park has been the host to a rich and storied history of great music that brings us all together. 2015 brought Bonnie Raitt, Big & Rich, Kellie Pickler, Los Lonely Boys, JJ Grey & Mofro, Coco Montoya, Chris Cain, Ryan Bingham and more to Aptos Village Park! This festival will continue to honor the diverse nature of Traditional American Music by bringing world-class artists together for two fun-filled days of LIVE music in this exceptionally beautiful park, featuring a state-of-the-art sound system for your enjoyment. We hope you will join us as we pay tribute to some of the finest musical talents around!
• Two full days of top talent in a variety of Traditional American Music genres at Aptos Village Park, a natural amphitheater of oaks and redwoods surrounding a beautiful sunny grass meadow near the Monterey Bay.
• Featuring a state-of-the-art sound system and open-air staging.
• Merchandise booths for all the new Santa Cruz American Music Festival gear.
• Easy access to the artist’s booth where you can meet some of the artists, purchase their merchandise and get autographs.
• Food & drink booths with BBQ, Asian, Mexican, wraps, pizza, organic fare, New Orleans style, gourmet hot dogs, kettle korn, frozen fruit bars, smoothies, desserts, water, non-alcoholic beverages, beer & wine. Use your Festival Dollars here!
• Children’s area with face painting and balloon twisting.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
SHUTTLE SERVICE FOR OFF-SITE PARKING
Free parking is available at Cabrillo College. (follow the signs) Luxury shuttle bus transport from Cabrillo College to Aptos Village Park begins at 9am. Cabrillo College parking lot opens at 8am. There is no parking at the festival site.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
• Do bring a low-profile lawn chair up to 30” with a seat height of no more than 10”, _ these are only allowed in the General Admission seating area.
• Do bring a blanket or towel
• Do bring one personal bottle of water
• Do bring a still camera (no video)
• Do wear layered clothing
• Do bring a hat
• Do bring sunscreen
• Do have a great time
• Do dance till it hurts
• Do make new friends
• Don’t bring tall chairs
• Don’t bring dogs or pets of any kind
• Don’t bring food
• Don’t bring alcohol
• Don’t bring cans or bottles or containers
• Don’t bring coolers
• Don’t bring cameras with removable lenses, recording devices, or _digital video cameras
• Don’t smoke in the park
• Don’t wear your colors
Disclaimer: We reserve the right to not allow any cameras into the park whether they have removable lenses or not. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone. No refunds or exchanges, rain or shine. Artists are subject to change.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Is there Disability Access to the Festival?
The Santa Cruz American Music Festival is a Disability Accessible event. DA parking is available in specially marked area at Cabrillo College where a private shuttle will transport passengers to Aptos Village Park throughout the day. Please follow DA parking signs to the Disabled Parking & Shuttle lot. If you are capable of riding the large luxury shuttle, please do so as there may be a longer wait for the smaller DA shuttle. A private shuttle at Aptos Village Park will transport disabled passengers down the hill to the festival when the gates open. For further questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I volunteer to help with this event?
I'd like to be a Sponsor for this festival and have my logo appear on all the ads. Who do I contact?
How can I become a vendor at this festival?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
There are no refunds, but tickets can be transferred to another person online. There will be a $5.00 transfer processing fee.
Can I update my registration information?
You can login and update your registration information online.
Do you take Credit Cards for food, etc?
The Santa Cruz American Music Festival is a scrip-based event and cash will not be accepted at the vendor booths except at the Festival Merchandise Booth, Artist’s Table, and CD sales booth. Please visit the 'Festival Bucks' booth using Cash, Visa or MasterCard to purchase Festival Bucks tickets to buy food and drinks. The Artist's Table is located on the left side near the stage.
Where can I park for this festival?
There will be no onsite parking at Aptos Village Park. There will be free parking at Cabrillo College off Soqie; Drive near the event (follow the signs) and a free luxury shuttle service provided to take you to the park.
ATMs are located at the Music Pavilion next to the Food Court and also at the park entrance.
For 21 years a small group of people put on the Santa Cruz Blues Festival until one of the founding members retired in 2014. The rest of the team and a few others have joined forces to keep this great music festival alive in Santa Cruz County. We look forward to seeing you all on Memorial Day Weekend!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.