Sandra Hotz Ride-a-Test & Scribe Clinic
Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM (EDT)
This is a Ride-a-Test clinic with Sandra Hotz, a FEI 3* Judge and a USET "S" Judge.
Sandy teaches all levels up to Grand Prix. She stresses correct basic training at each level, and emphasizes the rider’s position and seat as a major influence on the horse’s ability to perform at his best. The horse’s well-being and clear understanding of his work are of utmost importance. She believes that a happy horse is one who is guided by kind, clear, consistent aids by his rider so that understanding and trust develops, allowing for the creation of a genuine “team.” Sandy’s teaching style is positive and creative.
She constantly seeks out the most appropriate solutions to training problems, realizing that no two horses or riders respond in the same way. This approach creates a unique partnership between trainer, horse and rider.
Sandy Hotz’s Qualifications and Accomplishments:
- FEI 3* Judge
- United States Equestrian Federation “S” Judge
- Trained extensively in Germany with the late Herbert Rehbein, one of Germany’s most influential riding masters
- Trained extensively in Germany with Belgian riding master, Jan Nivelle
- Trained five seasons with Olympian, Robert Dover
- Received a scholarship to train with Diana Mukpo, one of the few women ever admitted as a student to the Spanish Riding School, Vienna, Austria
- Trained five years with Steve Kanikkeberg, Grand Prix winner at the Palm Beach Dressage Derby
- Trained in Florida with Debbie McDonald and Kathy Connelly during the 2012-2013 winter season
- Participated in numerous clinics, notably with the renowned Harry Boldt, Conrad Schmacher, Bo Jena, and Arthur Kottas of the Spanish Riding School
- Recipient of the 1998 Asmis/US Equestrian Team Scholarship to train and compete abroad
- Trained numerous horses to the FEI level
- Trained several young riders to the FEI level
- Prepared and coached students at NAYRC and U.S. National Junior Dressage Championships
- 1982-present: Won numerous USEF Qualifying classes for championships at first level through FEI levels, including Freestyle, all on self trained horses.
- As a young rider qualified for and competed in -North American Young Riders Dressage Championships and U.S. National Dressage Championships
- Won USDF performance award at third level (1986)
- USDF National Reserve Champion at third level (1986)
- Competed successfully at shows including:
- CDI Devon-1997, 1992, 1990, 1989 (PA)
- Palm Beach Dressage Derby, Wellington Dressage, Orlando, Miami (FL)
- Eastern Regional Dressage Finals (VA), Long Island Dressage (NY) and many others
When & Where
Georgia Dressage & Combined Training Association
The Georgia Dressage & Combined Training Association (GDCTA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization dedicated to promoting the equestrian sports of dressage and combined training (eventing). Run entirely by volunteers, the association and its members regularly organize and sponsor various activities designed to heighten its members' and the general public's knowledge of and appreciation for dressage and combined training.