San Jose Police Department Women in Law Enforcement Seminar
CHECK IN TIME - 7:00-7:45 AM
SEMINAR WILL BEGIN AT 8:00 AM SHARP
This is a free law enforcement career seminar open to the general public. Our emphasis will be on knowledge, preparation and your success towards a career as a female police officer with the San Jose Police Department. Get to know what opportunities await you.
At our seminar, you will learn more about:
- The life of a woman in a police uniform, through several female San Jose PD officers who come from a variety of backgrounds.
- A walk-through and demonstration of the wall climb. life-like dummy drag portions, and obstacle course of the physical agility test . Instructors will be there to teach women several techniques to pass and succeed. After, you will be able to practice these techniques.
- Understand the San Jose PD background check process and why it’s a necessary part to become a police officer. Background Investigators will cover the major issues of a person’s background history.
- Speak with female police officers, 911 dispatchers, community service officers and records/police data specialists about the opportunities available in these career fields. Come prepared with questions.
- Speak with officers from several other specialized units, such as Crime Scene Unit, K9's, Family Violence Unit and others (specialized units will be determined based upon each unit's availability).
Things to remember:
Wear comfortable clothes, including proper workout clothes if you plan to practice the physical agility test.
- All backpacks and purses are subject to search. It is recommend that you lock all personal items in your vehicle.
- If necessary, have your doctor evaluate your level of fitness if you plan to practice the physical agility test (physical agility testing is part of the testing process for a Police Recruit Applicant))
- Bring water and/or light healthy snack
- Please, no clothes with logos or statements that are derogative or offensive in nature.
- Do not bring weapons of any kind or police gear.
- Spouse, significant other, family members or friends must register to attend.
- Unregistered guests will be accommodated if the event is full, however its is highly recommended to register to maxmize each guest's experience.