Next class starting
November 30, 2016
Video Conference Details
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 645-054-781
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data, regardless of technical or analytical background. You'll learn about and how to use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross Tabs
- Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Geographic Maps
- Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
- Heat Maps
- Box Plots
- Distribution Charts
- Highlight Tables
- Tree Maps
- Scatter Plots
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
This course will be delivered through:
Instructor Led -
- Online Training
- 1 month
- Thrice per week
Module 1: Getting Started
- Tableau Interface
- Workbooks and Sharing files
Module 2: Data Sources and Connection
- Connecting to databases- sql, google analytics etc.
- Editing data connections, metadata and data sources
Module 3: Analytics
- Drill down and hierarchies
- Sorting and grouping
- Additional Formatting
Module 4: Popular visualizations through Tableau
- Bar plots, pie charts, line graphs and scatter plots
- Box plots
- Waterfall charts
- Treemaps, word clouds and bubble charts
Module 5: Dashboards
- Building dashboards
- Layouts and formatting
- Adding Interactivity
Module 6: Adding computations
- Aggregate calculations
- Logic calculations
- Aggregate calculations
- Date Calculations
- Number calculations
- String calculations
- Working with expressions
Module 7: Additional Topics
- Tableau Server and Tableau Online
- Working with API’s
1. Class recordings will be made available.
2. Post class support
3. Course material available.
4. Tableau Software access
5. Career advancement and Job placement assistance
1. 100% refund will be provided only if we DO NOT hold the class and/or we reschedule the class and the new dates and timings don't work for you.
2. If the class is held as per schedule, you don't show up or you register, purchase a training ticket and then change your mind, we will not issue a refund.
PROVIDE HAPPY CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL:
1. If you are happy with our class, we can provide 50% refund, if you provide us Video Testimonial and allow us to post it on our website, Social media sites, advertisements and promotions for an unlimited number of times and for an indefinite period. Only if you are truly happy with our class.