Capture the spectacular architecture, lake reflections and beautiful grounds as the sun sets on this beautiful venue. We’ll guide you along the way offering expert advice for composing scenes and getting perfect exposures!
Achieve the skills needed to create spectacular night photographs in this photo walking tour. Learn to capture stunning, colorful and dramatic low light and night photographs. Your instructors will guide you along this hands-on walking tour with multiple photo demonstrations. You'll be able to shoot photographs alongside your instructor and get tips and advice on how to improve your images.
What You'll Learn:
- The proper settings to take great night & long-exposure photos
- Making use of artificial lights to highlight your subject during long exposures
- How to capture more light through long-exposure photography to make the night look more like day
- Learn how to create light trails and motion effects with the use of long exposures
- How to use the bulb mode setting and timed exposure settings
What to bring…
- Bring your camera that is equipped with manual settings
- Wide-angle and telephoto lens (we offer rentals if you don’t have one or the other)
- A fully charged battery (two ideally)
- Memory cards
- Camera remote (if you have one, otherwise you’ll use your self-timer)
- A flashlight (not flash)
- Light to medium jacket (where we’re near the water and it will be chilly)
Where to park/How to get there
- There is street parking and a few spots at the site
- Additionally, there is free and paid parking at Marina Green
- If you are not going to drive into the SF, you can take public transportation. Please visit 511.org to find out the best way from your home.
About Your Instructor:
Reza Toghani, born in Iran, is a skilled landscape, nature and nighttime photographer with over 30 years of experience. Using both film and digital technology he has been able to capture exotic locals and creates powerful and thoughtful images. Reza uses three 35mm film cameras and the Canon 5D Mark III as well as the Fuji X100T. With his experience, flavored by his foreign perspective and vast knowledge of still imagery, Reza's able to produce breathtaking photographs and teach others how to do the same! When not photographing the wide vistas of Yosemite and the world, Reza is helping people find the right camera at our Dublin store.
When & Where
Mike's Camera has been a leading imaging business that caters to the aspiring and professional photographer since 1967. Mike's Camera operates stores in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and the Denver Metro Area, as well as Boulder and Colorado Springs. Our 11 stores offer a full line of photographic equipment and supplies, provide traditional and digital printing solutions for consumers, professional photographers and artists, as well as commercial printing and graphic design services. Plus, all our stores offer on-site photography educational programs from camera tutorials to studio lighting and other specialized photographic applications.
Let us show you why we've become a favorite in the industry and in our communities!
Check out our complete website at www.MikesCamera.com