Join the DynoChem training team for two days of hands-on training, using DynoChem to accelerate process development and scale-up projects.
Training will address DynoChem applications for engineers and scientists in API process development groups involved in tech transfer, troubleshooting and optimisation of API reaction, workup and isolation steps.
The agenda will cover topics such as:
- Obtaining physical property values for solvents and mixtures
- Phase equilibrium calculations for boiling point, identifying azeotropes and miscibility
- Reactor calculations for heat transfer and mixing
- Optimising batch distillation / solvent switch operations
- Scale-up of filtration and centrifugation steps
- Basics of DynoChem modelling applicable to reactions, crystallization and other operations
Training times will be from 9:00 to 4:30 each day, with 6 hours of tuition. You will need a laptop computer with DynoChem installed and a wireless network capability. We will provide a temporary license of DynoChem for the duration of the training and the following week. Alternatively, computers with DynoChem installed may be provided for your convenience - let us know if you will be needing one and we will confirm the additional cost.
By the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
• Use DynoChem utilities to estimate parameter values, compare vessels and ensure minimum agitation criteria are met in lab and plant vessels
• Look up physical properties for pure components and mixtures
• Use plant data to back out equipment characteristics, especially heat transfer
• Simulate solid-liquid separation operations based on standard lab experiments
• Simulate solvent swap / displacement / chasing operations to optimize solvent volumes and cycle time
• Draw and understand process schemes and use them to help think about how to model or design experiments to understand a new or existing process
• Further develop initial models to include multi-phase, scale-up and interpretation of analytical data
• Understand more about how DynoChem works internally and how it builds the model from user input
• Explore other applications and reuse learned skills to tackle other unit operations or create new templates.
Refund / cancellation policy:
1. Substitutions can be made at any time before the training.
2. For cancellations made in writing up to one week before the training, a full refund will be made, less a financial charge of $100.
3. No refunds can be given for cancellations less than one week before the event.
4. Registration is open to DynoChem customers and prospective customers from industry, academia and government.