IBM Analytics Users Group of 2016, on Thursday, December 15th. 9-1pm.
Our final meeting of 2016, will answer key questions about Cognos Analytics. How to Upgrade, What's New, and Customer Experiences on C.A. v11. You will hear information on how to integrate 3rd Party Data Sources like Twitter and Weather data into your business, and learn how to extend your business with Planning Analytics and Watson Analytics Social Media.
All IBM Analytics Business Partners. All IBM Customers from all Industries (Financial, Retail, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Semiconductor, Higher Ed, State and Local, etc.)
Cognos Analytics, Watson Analytics, SPSS, Planning Analytics and TM1.
This is a great opportunity that will enable you to:
- Listen to success stories and learn deployment best practices from actual customers.
- Participate in discussions to gain and share valuable insights.
- Network with colleagues, industry experts, and IBM professionals.
- Bring your questions, tips, and knowledge to share.
The IBM Office in San Diego. 4660 La Jolla Village Drive, 3rd Floor
Laptops - if you want to particpate in the hands on workshop for Social Media.
Presentation #1: Journey to Cognos Analytics - Dale Forman, IBM Americas Architect / IBM Lab Services Team
This upgrade session will focus on the current release of Cognos Analytics (CA), and will detail what's required for the journey to CA.
- Client Success – The IBM Lab Services team will share customer success examples on upgrading to IBM Cognos Analytics
- What's changed from older 8.4/10.x versions
- Upgrading to Cognos Analytics – deep dive
- CA Capabilities
- What to consider when upgrading
- Planning the upgrade
- Installation considerations
- LifeCycle Manager
Presentation #2: Cognos Analytics Upgrade Q&A, University of California San Diego - Judy White, UCSD Business Intelligence & Analytics IT Services Manager
In this session we will hear firsthand from UCSD's Judy White on what it took to upgrade to Cognos Analytics. Judy will share her team's experience with planning the upgrade, going live and post roll out observations.
Presentation #3: What's new in Cognos Analytics R5 - Don Davis, IBM Client Technical Professional
Learn what new capabilities have just been released in Cognos Analytics v11.0.5. We have improved many aspects of our NextGen Release, including Navigation, Schema Metadata Loads, Relational Packages, Linkage, Dashboarding, Visualizations, StoryTelling, Sharing and Embedding Graphics...plus much, much more.
Presentation #4: Enhanced Data. People, Places and Events - Milenko Jorgic, IBM Client Technical Professional
IBM Insight Cloud Services deliver data and data-science based insights by combining internal data with external data about people, events, geo-spatial factors, and businesses from sources such as Twitter and The Weather Company. These external datasets have been enriched, refined and statistically validated by IBM data scientists. Insight Cloud Services takes the complexity of analyzing multiple sources of data out of the equation using specialized analytic models developed by IBM for businesses to find more and more relevant signals in the data.
- Insights for Weather AND Insights for Twitter (an IBM Bluemix Service)- provides the simplest way to test the value of weather insights and social sentiment in your Analytics Environment.
- IBM Bluemix Data Connect is a fully managed self-service data preparation and movement service that enables you to streamline your analytics and application development projects to deliver insights faster and with increased accuracy. It provides a wide range of data access connectors to your most essential data sources so you can explore, combine, and shape your data to prepare it for analytics. Use it to positively impact the way your organization leverages valuable data resources - all from the convenience of the cloud.
Presentation #5: Planning Analytics – James Stinson, IBM Client Technical Professional – Financial Performance Management Team.
IBM Planning Analytics goes beyond automating manual planning, budgeting and forecasting processes. It provides self-service analytics to all of your business users through an innovative planning workspace. It discovers insights automatically, directly from your data and helps you pull ahead of competitors and stay agile for whatever lies ahead.
Workshop #1: Watson Analytics Social Media Hands On Workshop – Jared Pfeifer, IBM Client Technical Professional.
Learn how to build a Social Media Project with WASM. - Participants must bring their laptops.