San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Sorry .... the speaker had a family emergency, and had to cancel.
Next meeting is September 15th.
Self-Service Business Intelligence with Power BI
Microsoft recently introduced the Power BI Designer to empower business teams to create business intelligence charts, reports, and dashboards—without writing code. This session will begin with the Power BI Designer to build dashboards from data stored in Excel or SharePoint. Then we will examine the underlying technology: Power Query and Power View, which are free Excel 2013 add-ons. This session includes demos conducted in Office 365, but the concepts also apply to SharePoint 2013 on-premises.
Through live demos attendees of this session will experience the following:
• Download, install, and enable Power BI Designer, Power Query and Power View
• Import data from SharePoint lists and Excel
• Load data to the data model
• Expand or remove columns of data
• Create reports and charts in Power BI Designer and in Power View
• Share Power BI dashboards with others
• Expose Power View reports and charts in SharePoint via Excel Web Services
• Learn the requirements, benefits, and limitations of Power BI Designer, Power Query, and Power View
Theresa Eller is a Business Systems Analyst at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX, where she specializes in no code solutions, support, and training for business teams. Theresa is a Microsoft Office Specialist certified in SharePoint 2013 and shares her knowledge and experience with the SharePoint community by blogging and by speaking at SharePoint events. Currently serving as president of the Houston SharePoint User Group, Theresa has also served as marketing chair and speaker chair. Prior to following her passion for SharePoint, Theresa spent 11 years as a corporate trainer and holds a Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology. She enjoys cooking, bowling, roller skating, and spoiling her two dogs.
When & Where
San Antonio SharePoint User Group
The San Antonio SharePoint User Group (SASUG) was established by local, San Antonio professionals who are excited about Microsoft SharePoint. Our goals are to:
• Build a San Antonio community around SharePoint and related technologies
• Share information and ideas on SharePoint
• Allow for members and companies to share innovative programs and solutions based on and related to SharePoint.