SaltStack Enterprise Training - (vILT) or in person at SaltStack
SaltStack regional training classes provide an immersive SaltStack education tailored for both the Salt and the more experienced user. This training provides an opportunity to be trained by a SaltStack Certified Trainer (SSCT) and satisfies a requirement for SaltStack Certified Engineer status. This is a five-day training course conducted in the Salt Lake City area and set up to accommodate remote participation.
Topics covered are as follows:
- Infrastructure automation and data center control: Running commands everywhere, on targeted systems and in compound ways, at break-neck speed. Remote execution is the heart of SaltStack, the kernel of the system.
- Cloud orchestration: SaltStack can be used to manage Salt minions in public cloud environments and to build and control private cloud environments. The course will walk through the actual creation of a small, working cloud infrastructure.
- Configuration management: SaltStack's unique and very flexible approach to configuration management opens more application and infrastructure management possibilities than ever before.
- Extending Salt: SaltStack has been designed to be easily extended, to mold to the needs of unique infrastructure, but also to allow for easy management of more infrastructure components.
- In-depth topics: Many more in-depth components of Salt will be covered including advanced use of the file server, the event system including the Salt Reactor, special components of the configuration management system and much more.
Attendees will receive a beefy SaltStack training manual. Please plan to bring your own laptop with a working SSH client for an optimal training experience. If you can't bring a laptop, please let us know and we will explore other options. Attendees will be using a shared cloud-based lab environment for an enhanced hands-on learning experience and as such are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner regarding the use of the lab in consideration of other attendees. Any malicious or abusive actions may result in expulsion from the class.
For more information about SaltStack products, services and training, please visit www.saltstack.com.
When & Where
SaltStack is a complete systems management software platform for fast and scalable automation of any cloud, application stack or data center infrastructure. Specifically, SaltStack is used by system administrators and developers to automate configuration management, private cloud building, public cloud orchestration and autonomic infrastructure. The Salt open source project was launched in February of 2011 and is now one of the fastest-growing, most-active communities in the world. SaltStack was founded in August 2012 to support the Salt project and to deliver SaltStack Enterprise packaged for the world's most-dynamic large and small businesses, web-scale applications and clouds. SaltStack won an InfoWorld 2014 Technology of the Year Award, won the 2013 GigaOm Structure LaunchPad competition, was named a Linux Journal Reader's Choice product in five categories including "Linux Product of the Year" and "Best New Commercial Application," was named a Gartner 2013 Cool Vendor in DevOps, and was included on the GitHub Octoverse list for 2012 and 2013 as one of the largest, most-active open source projects in the world. For more information, please visit www.SaltStack.com.