Actions and Detail Panel
Salmon in the City Portland 2017
Wed, January 25, 2017, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
Returning to Portland on January 25 is Salmon in the City, our free public event highlighting innovations in ecologically sustainable urban design and development that protect water quality and our urban watershed. The event will feature groundbreaking NOAA research regarding the impacts of urban stormwater on salmon and watersheds as well as pioneering studio collaborations bridging architecture and ecology with leading scientists and designers. A complimentary reception featuring Salmon-Safe wine and beer sourced from certified hops will follow the session. Find out more at salmonsafe.org.
SALMON IN THE CITY PORTLAND
Technical Presentations 4-5:50PM
- Jenifer McIntyre, PhD, WSU: Green infrastructure, cleaner stormwater, and some hopeful news for salmon
- Brook Muller, UO Architecture: Envisioning ecologically responsive urban landscapes
- Josh Cerra, Cornell University: Building social and ecological resilience in cities
- Brent Bucknam, Hyphae Design Lab: Infrastructure design for ecosystem health
Award Presentations 5:50PM
- Anna Huttel, Salmon-Safe: Certification award presentations
Beer, wine & celebration 6-7PM
Past Salmon in the City events in Portland & Seattle have been standing-room-only so please reserve your free ticket today.
University of Oregon School of Architecture & Allied Arts