Actions and Detail Panel
Sales Training - April 18-19
Wed, April 19, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
CONSULTATIVE SALES TRAINING
What is the number one complaint that customers voice about sales people? It is that sales representatives simply don’t take the time to listen. Then, they attempt to sell prematurely. Consultative selling means: To first uncover and fully understand the goals, problems and needs of the customer, then, and only then, offer options and recommend relevant solutions.
This intensive, hands-on, exercise driven sales training program gives salespeople an understanding of the psychological steps that buyers go through in the purchase process. Using interactive role-plays, participants are walked through a step-by-step consultative sales process to more effectively meet a prospects needs. They learn to ask better questions and gather more useful information before trying to sell prematurely. Participants in this sales workshop learn how to concentrate their focus on each client’s particular situation, challenges, and vision to ultimately partner with them and build revenues. This selling skills workshop enables participants to determine how their company and product/service can provide meaningful value to a client — even in a highly competitive, saturated and commoditized market.
The role-plays, in conjunction with the feed back sessions, assure that each classroom participant has achieved direct behavioral changes in their sales approach.
Participants will learn to:
- Assess their current selling skills demonstrated in a sales benchmark
- Determine the individual behavioral style of customers and how to best interact
- Utilize interviewing skills to listen instead of pitching products
- Break the ice during difficult sales calls
- Use a consultative approach in every sale
- Create and use proof stories to sell
- Understand buyer types and what factors motivate them
- Use a 5-step model that mirrors the steps buyers go through before purchasing
- Employ techniques to fully package company/product/service unique differentiation and communicate effectively with a prospect
- Overcome the 5 major objections to purchasing
- Sell long-term solution and relationships rather than low bids
- Employ top closing techniques and know when and how to use them