(Also scheduled for Mawson Lakes 1st and 2nd December - see separate event)
Safety Professionals are uniquely placed to influence organisational performance by applying Organisational Development/Psychology principles to achieve improved safety and business performance.
Safety Culture Development Workshop for Safety Professionals, is a practical, 2-day workshop designed to support Safety Professionals contribute to their business unit's success by applying Organisational Development/Psychology principles to achieving safety outcomes
Safety Professionals are often personally driven to make a positive difference for people at work. Sometimes this feels like a thankless task, in particular with so much focus on technical compliance. However, as the work of Safety Professionals exposes them to all aspects of a business unit’s operations, they are well placed to use safe operations to influence the business unit oversall.
This workshop has been designed to support workplace safety professionals to achieve this outcome by enhancing their organisational development/psychology knowledge to strengthen their worksite personal leadership.
Note: For the benefit of participants from the construction industry links will be made to the recently released DPTI Safety Culture Measures.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have discussed and developed an Action Plan to support worksite managers, and personnel generally, comply with and integrate safe work practices into day-to-day activities to achieve both safe and effective business outcomes. This includes how to:
- Apply organisational psychology/behaviour principles to safety;
- Integrate the organisation’s vison and values into their work to achieve safe outcomes;
- Support workplace managers, supervisors and personnel to respond positively to current worksite safety challenges;
- Ensure initiatives take into consideration the impact of human behaviour such as risk tolerance, habits, perceptions, reaction to change etc.;
- Take a “Return on Investment” approach to proposing safety initiatives;
- Use mindful personal leadership to influence the integration of safety into business activities;
and encourage participants to continue their personal development journey to making a difference for people and work.
Included is 2 hours coaching (via telephone) 1 month after the workshop with a focus on Action Plan implementation.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is aimed at the personnel who have day-to-day site safety responsibilities and includes:
- Safety Officers
- Safety Advisors
- Safety Consultants
- Business unit or small business Workplace Health and Safety Managers
- Workplace Safety Representatives
Broadly, the workshop includes the following:
Leading from Compliance to Integration
- Reviewing the safety challenges facing organisations and their business unit;
- Defining the opportunity for safety personnel to support their business unit respond to those challenges;
- Understanding how Organisational Behaviour and Psychology principles can be applied to safety;
- Using vision and values to strengthen the business unit safety culture;
- The impact of different behaviour preferences in influencing others;
- Balancing the many different and sometimes conflicting roles of the Safety Professional.
Note: The Day 2 focus is on influencing others. The content may be varied to meet the development needs of the majority of attendees.
- Understanding and influencing others - the role of beliefs and values, habits, perceptions, risk tolerance;
- Working with conflict - “ah what and opportunity”;
- Implementing and influencing change;
- Planning for return to work.
Included in the workshop is 2 hours of follow up coaching approximately 1 month after workshop attendance.
As workshop is case study and experientially based, it will be assumed that participants attending will be willing to actively participate and share their relevant experiences with other participants.
A 2-day workshop (for up to 20 participants)
Each day commences at 8.30am and finishes at 4.30pm and is inclusive of
- Morning Tea
- Afternoon Tea
Parking is available at the venue.
Questions can be directed to:
Telephone +61400624593 or
Transfers and Refund Policy
Safety Culture Development workshops are subject to the following transfers, cancellation and refund policy:
- Registration/ticket is transferrable
2. If we cancel the workshop:
- All our courses are subject to minimum participant numbers and may be cancelled or re-scheduled at short notice if there are insufficient participants or due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- If we cancel your course, we will notify you in writing and we will endeavour to re-schedule the course to a date convenient to all parties.
- Safety Culture Development will refund all payments made if the course is cancelled or postponed by us for more than four weeks. We shall have no liability for any other costs, damages and expenses (including legal costs) which may be suffered or incurred by you as a result of any cancellation by us
3. If you cancel your attendance:
You may only cancel your registration by written notice to email@example.com If notification of cancellation is received by Safety Culture Development
- more than 14 days prior to the event, a full refund of your registration fees, less an administration fee of $50.00, will be provided;
- between 7 and 14 days prior to the event, a refund of 50% of your total registration fees,
- less than 7 days prior to the event, registration fees will not be refunded. You may transfer your ticket to another person.
Save This Event
When & Where
Glenelg Golf Club (also scheduled for Mawson Lakes 1st - 2nd December see separate event)
James Melrose Road
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 8:30 AM - Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Add to my calendar
Safety Culture Development
Safety Culture Development is a leading provider of practical, behaviourally oriented safety leadership workshops and safety culture consulting aimed at improving business performance by supporting leaders to integrate safety into mainstream business activities.
Trevor Strother - Bringing his international safety culture development experience to your business.
“You can facilitate workshops in my region anytime” Drilling Superintendent,
“Best workshop I’ve ever attended” Safety Leadership Workshop Participant
“That information helped me at home with my family” Safety Leadership Workshop Participant
is typical of the feedback Trevor receives from workshop participants.
For the past 15 years Trevor has been facilitating safety culture change internationally through worksite consulting and facilitating workshops. His philosophy is that people learn behavioural skills through experience so his workshops always involve active participation.
He has run workshops in North and South America, UK and Europe, Asia and the Middle East as well as in Australia. His guestimate is that he has had over 6000 workshop participants during that time. Companies he has facilitated workshops for include the exploration arms of ExxonMobil, BP, Shell, Petronas well as for international oil and gas drilling contractors such as Ensco and Seadrill. Within Australia companies have included Santos, Rio Tinto, McDermott’s and Worley Parsons.
Overall, Trevor has over 30 years’ experience in organisational change including holding senior leadership positions