SafeTalk Training GLTBQ March 2017
Friday, March 24, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (MDT)
- Are you a service provider, parent, staff member, or community representative who comes in contact with youth or young adults?
- Do you need information about suicide awareness and prevention?
- Would you like to better understand the GLBTQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual,Transgender, or Questioning) community?
Attend this FREE safeTALK Suicide Alertness Training.
The GLBTQ Information Session is designed to inform and educate participants about the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning communities by utilizing information presentation, discussion, small group exercises, and experiential activities.
After participating, you will be able to:
- understand how personal and community beliefs about suicide affect suicide stigma and safety.
- appreciate how the steps taught in safeTALK can be used to help prevent suicide.
- learn ways to help protect, preserve and promote life in a suicide-safer community.
This workshop is sponsored by a grant from the Office of Suicide Prevention.
Your online registration will serve as your RSVP. If you have questions, contact Heather Trish at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-432-5265.