In this two-day course (March 30-31, 2017), you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in the Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe). Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Where? Mustang Conference Center - Meeting Room
When? March 30-31, 2017
Why? You have an interest in becoming a servant leader coaching high performance teams
What's next? We recommend attending our SAFe Advanced Scrum master 2 day course after practicing SAFe Scrum for a few iterations.
Pre-requisites? There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
Contact for more information? email@example.com
Class will start at 8:00 a.m. each day until 6:00 p.m. with a 30 minute lunch. Instruction and learning time will be 8 hours each day for a total of 16 hours. A light breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks are provided with the course so that we can maximize collaboration and social time together.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbooks
- PDF workbooks
- Course certificate
- Eligibility to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam (exam fee included in this course; proctored online)
- Breakfast, Lunch, snacks and beverages each day
Renewals are from the date of certification.
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 Professional Development Units
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The Mustang Conference Center has parking on the west side of the facility. Ground transportation is available to / from the airport via taxi or rental car services. For more information see their website.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds are available before the event when requested in writing as described below. If you do need to cancel your registration please e-mail or call us as soon as possible so that we can successfully adapt to any changes.
Students who cancel in writing at least fourteen (14 days) before the start of the course will receive a full refund.
Students who cancel in writing between eight (8) and fourteen (14) days before the start of the course may register for another course offered by Big Lake Software within a six (6) months. The course tuition may be of the same or less than the tuition for the original course, or the registrant may pay the difference for courses with higher tuition fees. No refunds will be given.
Registrants who cancel seven (7) days or less before the start of the course will forfeit the tuition. No refunds will be issued or changes allowed.
Big Lake Software reserves the right to cancel any course offering up to 14 days before the start of class. In case of a course cancellation, a full refund or a seat in another class of equal value will be offered (students choice). Big Lake Software is not responsible for any costs incurred by students as a result of a cancellation.
- Big Lake Software will respond to all refund requests within five (5) business days or sooner. We do our best to respond quickly.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, please use the Eventbrite application or e-mail us at email@example.com. Please see sections above if changes are needed to be made to your reservation.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes. Please contact Big Lake Software at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
No, the registration must be made in the name of the person attending the course as that name will be submitted to Scaled Agile, Inc. for eligibility to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam. Please e-mail us to make the name change before the course starts.