This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise..
SAFe® is a registered trademark of Scaled Agile, Inc.
This course is available in the following formats:
- Publicly, across the United States
- Privately, on-site for your organization
Please contact us to inquire about scheduling this course for your organization.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment.
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels.
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns.
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture.
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work.
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value.
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles.
This course (and certification program) is designed for leaders, managers, and change agents that are responsible for leading a Lean|Agile transformation based on the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Attendees of the SAFe® SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates:
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile contexts
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineer