The Scaled Agile Academy SASM Certification is the next step in the Scrum Master’s learning path.
This two-day course provides current Scrum Masters with everything they ned for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation. The program covers facilitation of cross-team communications in support of the program execution and continuous improvement. It enhances the Scrum model with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices. The course offers tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of approaching Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending this class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
Associated Certification: SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Project managers, team leaders, and others in the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile setting
- Development and engineering managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
- One of the following certifications are strongly suggested for attendees of the SAFe SASM course: Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation.
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification
- SAFe Certification Kit
In this two-day course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, with its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development flow.
You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
The course consists of eight modules:
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Program planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Building high-performing teams
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, product owners, product management, and business owners, UX, architects
- Learning and Communities of Practice
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Implement SAFe principles to facilitate, enable, and coach in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and promote continuous improvement at the team and program levels
- Support the adoption of DevOps, engineering practices, and Agile architecture
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Optimize the team’s work by applying Kanban and flow
- Facilitate execution and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and Innovation cycles
Attendees that pass the exam will receive the following:
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
- Certified membership for one year as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedbacks survey
- Yearly renewals from the date of certification
- Annual Renewal
Renewal fee: $100
Renewal requirement: 10 PDUs and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Please visit our website to view a complete schedule of training classes.