Actions and Detail Panel
Safari Rhode Island Discover Jamestown Spring 2017
Sat, Apr 29, 2017, 1:00 PM – Sun, Apr 30, 2017, 9:00 AM EDT
SafaRI "Discover RI" Series kicks off with no other than the beautiful Jamestown.
Discover Jamestown will take participants on a one-day hiking event complete with guided tours of Jamestown historic sites as well as some excellent culinary fair from the islands best eateries.
The hike will span from the northern tip of the island down to the famous Beavertail Lighthouse and end with a night of camping at Fort Getty. Along the way participants will also be exposed to much more of what Jamestown has to offer.
Event registration will include a guided tour of the entire island, lunch and dinner on April 29th as well as breakfast on the 30th. Registartion also includes volunteer support, activities and transportation for any children unable to hike the entire 10 miles throughout the day as well as camping site fees for the overnight at Fort Getty.
What to expect:
- we will be hiking in 2-3 mile increments throughout the day and then stopping to visit various areas of the island.
- water and snacks will be avaliable throughout the day along with the provided meals by local area restaurants.
- volunteer support will be readily avaliable for any child or adult that needs a break.
- the entire day will take about 8 hours from start to finish and end with a campout at Fort Getty
- participants will arrive at 8am an set up tents that morning prior to event start at 9am. A shuttle will be provided to the start point.
What to bring:
- all participants need is a tent, and SafaRI can provide one if you dont have one. Please just message us if you need our help with that.
- we reccomend good walking shoes, a camelback backpack, and a high energy trail mix to keep you moving and your blood sugar from dropping to that "cranky" point.
Our Discover RI series is an fun, healthy way to get out with the family and explore areas of RI that I am sure many of you didnt know existed. Its also a great way to just "unplug" for a day and reconnect with the ones we love. We look forward to seeing all of you on this wonderful adventure. Trek-on!