Join Saddlerock Gardens and Malibu Estate Vineyards for an evening of food and fun in the fields. Our team of ranchers, vintners and gardeners have created a series of dinners where we are inviting a select group of individuals to an experience in the garden that will bring you face to fork with the fruits and veggies grown right here at Saddlerock Ranch. Guests that arrive early will even get to partake in harvesting some of the fresh produce that will be prepared that same evening.
Guest chef David Wilcox, formerly with Gjelina, will be preparing a truly local dining experience. If the vegetables are not directly sourced from the onsite Organic Garden than they will be hand chosen by David himself at the local farmers market. Protein will also be sourced from local ranches that practice sustainable farming techniques. David has a long history of farm dinners and cooking over open flame. He even designed is own large format open fire grill that allows him to cook everything from poultry to an entire cow at one time.
Menu for Semler Ranch Dinner- December 10th, 2016
- Saddlerock Ranch Braised Greens on toasted bread - smoked almonds - savory, lemon butter
- Fire Roasted Hope Ranch Mussels - fennel - fingerling potatoes - meyer lemon
- Smoked Saddlerock Ranch Carrots - fermented black beans - rapini pesto - sesame
- Leg of Lamb cooked slowly over the fire - brussels sprouts - pistachio rice - chermoula
- Heirloom Apple Tart - vanilla bean creme fraîche - candied walnuts
- *menu subject to change according to availability
The dinner will begin early so guests can enjoy the garden and outdoor setting. We will have garden walking tours with the garden manager and staff as well as allowing guests to hand pick the produce that they will be eating that very evening. The wine will also come directly from the property. Staff on hand will explain about the history of the private estate which is situated on 1,000 acres of land and boasts nearly 90 acres of grape vines.
If you are looking for a truly unique experience that makes you feel detached from reality and part of nature, while only being 40 minutes drive from downtown LA, than join us for these amazing dinner series.
To find out more and read our FAQ's page visit www.saddlerockgardens.org/faqs