Sacramento Freethought Day 2013
Saturday, October 12, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM (PDT)
The 12th Annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Saturday, October 12, 2013, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors' panel, and more!
We are proud to be holding this year's event at William Land Park in Sacramento, utilizing the same amphitheater as the Sacramento Shakespeare Festival with the gorgeous lake backdrop and just a block from the Sacramento City Zoo.
Speakers, Entertainers, Authors, and More
We are thriilled to share with you the many people who will be speaking, entertaining, and participating at our Authors' and Podcasters' Panel at this year's Freethought Day (and the Fundraising Reception the night before):
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Shelley Segal, Singer and Songwriter
- Sean Faircloth, Richard Dawkins Foundation
- Richard Carrier, Author
- Greta Christna, Blogger and Author
- Jason Frye, LGBT Activist
- Keith Lowell Jensen, Comedian
- David Fitzgerald, Author
- Heina Dadabhoy, Skepchick and Activist
- Carrie Poppy, of the podcast Oh No Ross and Carrie
- Jason Testerman, Freethought Exchange
- Victor Harris, Poet
- Dan Riley, Author
- Andi Griffith, Author
- Neil Wehneman, Secular Student Alliance
Support and Volunteer
Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit endeavor, supported by the freethought community. Every donation supports this event 100% by helping us cover our speakers' costs, rent a venue, pay for advertising, and buy food for our volunteers
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success:
- Donate to Freethought Day: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $25.
- Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Friday, October 11th which features live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, wine, and the company of our speakers for just $75 or $125. Also includes Reserved Seating at Freethought Day and an event poster signed by our speakers.
- Host a Table: If you're an author, business, freethought group, or any other community organization you can have your own table at Freethought Day. It's free for student groups, $25 for authors, $50 for non-profits, and $100 for businesses.
- Sponsorship: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $250. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
For questions regarding support and volunteering, please contact David Diskin at david@LodiUnited.org.
When & Where
Sacramento Area Coalition of Reason
The Sacramento Area Coalition of Reason is proud to help secular individuals find groups and events so that they can meet like-minded individuals throughout the Sacramento region. We invite you to learn more about these organizations and attend their events.
Phone: (916) 572-7020
David Diskin: (209) 610-0651 · David@LodiUnited.org