Actions and Detail Panel
RSUST ENGINEERING WEEK (REW 2017)
Tue, May 16, 2017, 12:00 PM – Fri, May 19, 2017, 4:00 PM WAT
The RSUST Engineering Week 2017 happens to be the first of its kind in the history of Rivers State University of Science and Technology. It promises to be a very remarkable event as it will feature key players within the engineering industry and beyond.
Attendees will spend the week attending special presentations from the Faculty of Engineering at Rivers State University of Science and Technology. Included in this program is a special presentation detailing the Scholarship and job opportunities specifically for students in Engineering. Students will take part in engineering presentations and competitions, win stellar prizes and also have the opportunity to hear from practitioners in different engineering fields. There will also be fun sessions during this event.
For the 2017 maiden edition, the theme of the event is THE LIFE OF AN ENGINEER – IN AND AFTER SCHOOL. A week-long event, RSUST Engineering Week is a year-round commitment to making a difference.
Features of the Event
- Projects Exhibition and Essay Contests
- Engineering Health and Safety Seminar
- Paper presentations on various engineering topics
- Talk show from Professionals in the engineering industry
- Engineering Professional Day
- Freestyle presentations on a “Surprise Engineering Topic” – SET
- Exhibition by Sponsoring companies
- Runway show
- REW Awards
Benefits of the Event
- Students willl be encouraged to focus on the task ahead in the engineering industry.
- To revive the zeal in students to study.
- To dispel fears and doubts in minds of students about their careers.
- Celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world.
- Increase public dialogue about the need for engineers.
- Bring engineering to life for kids, educators, and parents.
- All engineering students in RSUST and School Administration
- Engineering and Technology companies in Port Harcourt
- Telecommunication companies
- Ministry of Health
- National Drug and Law Enforcement Agency
- National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control
- Commissioner of Works
- Niger Delta Development Commission
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Students of the Faculty of Engineering, RSUST are to write an essay on the topic “EFFECTS OF DRUG ABUSE ON THE LIFE OF AN ENGINEER”. The essays are to be original, word-processed, free from plagiarism, not more than 250 words, and very explanatory.
The essay is to be submitted via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 12:00 noon, April 1, 2017.
Prizes will be awarded to the best three essays.
1. Students will be encouraged to focus on the task ahead in the engineering industry.