This course introduces the core knowledge, skills and competencies for delivering good quality relationships and sex education (RSE) on any topic. This training is essential for teachers and support staff who are new to RSE or who wish to update/refresh their knowledge and skills. The training is practical and interactive and participants will be introduced to a wide range of resources and approaches, with opportunities for lesson planning and practice sharing.
- Clarify knowledge of current legislation and guidance and ofsted requirements
- Understand what is required to plan, deliver and assess RSE lessons
- Be aware of requirements around inclusion and how to ensure RSE meets the needs of all pupils
- Practice using resources and getting feedback from peers
- Develop skills for addressing sensitive topics and answering difficult questions