This one-day course is for PSHE leads, pastoral care managers and members of SLT who have signed up to the RSE intensive support programme.
Participants will work individually and in groups to identify the key components of an effective, inclusive and compliant programme of relationships and sex education (RSE) and to identify realistic, achievable goals for their school. This course is the first step in building an outcome-focused, whole school development plan for RSE and is supported by interactive online learning sessions (webinars) and individualised support to track progress towards agreed targets.
- Clear understanding of current legislation, guidance and ofsted requirements
- Overview of local and national data and research
- Knowledge of what good practice looks like and how to assess, monitor and support teaching and learning
- Be aware of a range of resources for facilitating consultation
- Understand how to ensure RSE curriculum is needs-led