Fun social cycle rides that explore the borough, from historic landmarks to greenspaces and river ways. Professional cycling instructors lead the route.
Each ride is two hours. Rides depart from 5 different areas. Please arrive 30 minutes before ride leaves (1.30pm for a 2.00pm departure):
- West Greenwich - 1st Saturday of the month - 5 Nov, 4 Feb, 4 March
Meet at Peter the Great Statue, Glaisher Street, West Greenwich SE8 3EX
- Thamesmere Leisure Centre - 1st Sunday of the month - 6 Nov, 5 Feb, 5 March
Meet outside the centre, Thamesmere Dr, SE28 8RE
- Greenwich Heritage Centre - 2nd Saturday of the month - 12 Nov, 11 Feb, 11 March
Artillery Square, London SE18 6ST
- Hornfair Park - 3rd Sunday of the month - 20 Nov, 19 Feb, 19 March
Meet outside Charlton Lido and Lifestyle Club, Hornfair Park, Shooters Hill Road, Charlton SE18 4LX
- Avery Hill Park - 4th Saturday of the month - 26 Nov, 25 Feb, 25 March
(Cafe in the park to the south of the ball court/university carpark) Bexley Road, Eltham SE9 2PQ
The rides are at a gentle pace in mostly traffic-free routes.
Everyone is welcome children under 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult. The rides take place on the public highway; riders are responsible for their own health and safety. Please ensure that you follow The Highway Code.
FREE DR BIKES
The rides will have a Dr BIke beforehand. It means you can bring your bike 1 hour before the ride and they will be checked over to ensure they are roadworthy (air pressure, brakes and gears). You do need a roadworthy bike to go on the ride!