Row 2 St. Joe
Monday, May 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM - Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM (EDT)
Fernandina Beach, FL
Strong kids are healthy kids!
Calling all CrossFit East Family members and friends! Pit you and your team against fellow athletes to see who is the fastest rower. All while helping our local youth! Athletes will row 1000 meters each week. Points will be awarded to each participant for time.
Many of you know that St. Joseph, MO was the Eastern starting point of the Pony Express! Our Rowing Challenge is bridging the theme of the Wild West and Pony Express with the "2" of the Concept 2 Rowing Ergometer. We aren't on horses...but we ARE creating some horsepower in our rowing challenge as be push our local Florida kids over to the National Championships. We are hoping we can count on you!
After Week 4, the Top 5 in each Division will row for the Championship and great prizes from our sponsors! The Team with the best overal time takes home the Golden Oar Trophy and bragging rights for the year!
Round 1: May 6-11
Round 2: May 13-18
Round 3: May 20-25
Finals: May 27-June 1
Compete in Male, Female and Team Categories…Age Groups 19 & Under, Open 20 (20-29), Open 30 (30-39), or Master’s (40+) Division.
Athletes will submit a 1000m row time each week. Points will be awarded for your time based upon place in the field. First place will receive 1 point, 2nd place 2 points, 3rd place 3 points, and so on.
Prizes will be awarded for the the following:
- Boxes and/or gyms with the most participation (i.e., the more athletes that participate), the higher the value of the prizes your box can win! Each box will receive any one of the following:
- 10 event registrations = 5 jump ropes for the affiliate
- 20 event registrations = 1 set of wood, plastic, or metal rings for the affiliate
- 30 event registrations = 2 Sandbags for the affiliate
- Overall most registrations = 1 Prowler for the affiliate!!!
- CF East Box/gym with the best overall averaged time, including all rounds will receive the COVETED “Golden Oar” to display in their gym for the next year. Current Oar Champion is Bold City CrossFit. Annually, the Golden Oar will be passed from gym to gym in a ceremonial fashion, that is sure to be a statement!
- Affiliate or Gym outside the Florida or CF East Family will recieve a SWEET plaque to be displayed with each years Box Winners name engraved within the plaque. Again, plaque will be passed annually to a different box each year.
All monies raised will go toward sending local youth athletes to the USA Weightlifting Youth National Championship in St. Joseph, MO, June 28-30, 2013. LIFT Florida, a 501(c)3 nonprofit oorganization, provides assistance with equipment purchase, weightlifting club membership, uniforms, weightlifting shoes and supplies, as well as team travel expenses. For more information, check out our website at www.LIFTFlorida.org or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/liftflorida
When & Where
LIFT Florida - Florida's favorite 501(c ) 3 for Weightlifters
LIFT Florida is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing young athletes the opportunity to build confidence, self-esteem and faith in their own abilities for sport and life. We enhance youth awareness of health and fitness and strive to give all young athletes the opportunity for a positive, character-building experience.
LIFT Florida provides, through fund raising and donations, assistance with equipment purchase, weightlifting club membership, club uniforms, weightlifting shoes and supplies (chalk, tape, ice packs, scissors, etc.) as well as assistance with weightlifting team travel expenses.