Roles and Responsibilities of HR professionals
Monday, February 18, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar will cover the basics of HR professionals’ roles and responsibilities. The session will take you through the information on understanding and handling the common and critical situations which you most likely will encounter in first 6 months of your employment.
Why Should You Attend:
So Monday, maybe you were the Marketing Coordinator or Purchasing Assistant but today inexplicably, you’ve become the new HR Generalist. Alternatively, maybe you were hired to be the Benefit Coordinator and 2 weeks later, you’re “promoted” to the HR Manager. On the other hand, maybe even, your regular job was eliminated and HR had an appealing opening. Even if you are not sure that.
HR is where you want to stay, you’re there now and there are things for you to learn and learn fast. You may not be sure where to start first, what your responsibilities are, or even what HR does. Rest assured though that other’s will have expectations. Your employees will have expectations for how you handle their needs, questions, concerns and complaints. Your managers will have expectations of your ability to support them during the hiring process and helping them with managing their employees’ problems. The management group will expect you to be able to understand and explain compensation, handle workers comp and triage employee complaints. So regardless of circumstances, you’re going to have to get up to speed and fast. That means there are things you need to know today and others you can wait to learn.
In this 60 minute webinar we’ll cover the basics to help you through the most common situations you’ll encounter in your first 6 months.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What Am I In Charge Of And Supposed To Do? Common HR responsibilities.
- Expectations of HR During the Recruiting and Hiring Process.
- Understanding the Basics of Compensation.
- What You Need To Know About FML.
- Accommodating Employees with Impairments.
- What To Do When You Get an Employee Complaint.
- What is Workers Compensation and What To Do When An Employee Has An Accident.
- HR’s Part in Handling Employee Performance Problems.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.