Risk Assessment in Remediation: A Review of Principles and Applications in New Jersey's Site Remediation Program
Friday, December 9, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Risk Assessment in Remediation:
A Review of Principles and Applications
in New Jersey's Site Remediation Program
This unique one-day program being offered in cooperation with the Licensed Site Remediation Professionals Association (LSRPA) will provide an introduction to site risk assessment and how this science is used to support the investigation and remediation of sites under New Jersey's, US EPA's and other states' environmental programs.
- The Fundamentals of Risk Assessment and Risk Management for Contaminated Sites
- Pennsylvania's Land Recycling Program (Act 2) - An Exemplary Risk-Based Program
- Risk Assessment in New Jersey's Remediation Standards
- Considering Risk in NJDEP's Process for Establishing Impact to Groundwater Soil Remediation Standards and VI Screening Levels
- Options for Developing Alternative Soil Remediation Standards
- Update on NJDEP's Remediation Standards
- The Role of Risk Assessment in NJDEP's Compliance and Attainment Guidance
- An Overview of New Jersey's Ecological Risk Assessment Process
- Role of Professional Judgment in Evaluating Risk
Karianne Czajkowski, Langan Engineering
Nicholas De Rose, Langan Engineering and the LSRPA
Kevin Long, Ramboll Environ and the LSRPA
Steve Posten, AMEC and the LSRPA
Emily Strake, Langan Engineering
Continuing Education Credits
NJ LSRPs - 4 Regulatory & 2 Technical CECs
NJ Professional Engineers - 6 CPCs
Save This Event
When & Where
Montclair State's Continuing Environmental Education for Professionals
Continuing Environmental Education for Professionals (CEEP) is an initiative of the College of Science and Mathematics (CSAM) at Montclair State University. Designed to meet the demand for environmental continuing education courses in northern New Jersey. CSAM offers Continuing Education credit-bearing courses for LSRPs, professional engineers, environmental attorneys, certified environmental service providers, as well as the larger environmental community.
MSU/CSAM has unique expertise in environmental management, sustainability studies, research and education and is a leading provider of highly qualified professionals and scientists to New Jersey’s environmental-related agencies and private sector environmental engineering and management firms.
The College is home to the PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies, the Passaic River Institute, New Jersey's only PhD in Environmental Management, and a new Professional Science Masters in Applied Sustainability Science. Additional education offerings include Masters Degrees in Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Geo-Science, Marine and Coastal Science, and Sustainability Science; and certificate programs in Water Resource Management, Geographic Information Science and Environmental Forensics.