9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Lessons Learned from Sandy Hook & Other Violent Incidents in Schools
This presentation will combine overviews of the Report of the State’s Attorney on the Shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Student Survey data from nearly 6,500 students and schools across the nation and other recent post-event reports. Lessons learned from Sandy Hook and data from the Student Survey expose many of the same common gaps and dangerous disconnects. School Administrators and Safety/Threat Assessment Team members are not aware of the hidden costs, soaring liabilities and mounting consequences or the 6 essential steps of preventing that must be followed to improve student safety for all students and all staff. Every school has at-risk individuals who could be on a path to violence…don’t miss this presentation.
This session will help you:
- Identify the 6 essential steps to proactive prevention vs. reacting and damage control
- Understand key strategies for effective training and ensuring situational awareness
- Assess common gaps and dangerous disconnects exposed in post-tragedy reports
- Improve collaboration by collecting the dots, assessing the dots and connecting the dots
- Overcome gaps and failures in connecting the dots across silos and locations
- Review the “gold standard” for creating multi-disciplinary threat assessment teams
- Utilize lessons learned to prevent liabilities, lawsuits, headlines, tragedies and other incidents
- Clarify of FERPA/Privacy misunderstandings that can lead to costly and significant liabilities
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Rick Shaw - Threat Assessment & Prevention Expert
Save This Event
When & Where
Developmental Resources Conferences
AccuTrain’s Developmental Resources division is a leader in providing instructor-led continuing education. Calling upon nationally renowned authors and experts in the areas of relational aggression, behavior management, groundbreaking teaching strategies, working with students with emotional/behavioral challenges, school safety and innovative counseling techniques, Developmental Resources offers a host of webinars, public seminars, on-site training options and national conferences.
For questions about this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-251-6805.
HOW TO REGISTER:
We also accept registration forms and school purchase orders by:
208 Ash Ave., Suite 103
Virginia Beach, VA 23452