Rick Bayless Garden Networking Event
Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:45 PM (CDT)
Join us for a fun foodie networking event!
- Meet other foodies, dietitians, chefs, and writers/bloggers
- Learn about local, urban gardening during a one hour tour of the Bayless' garden
- Network while you enjoy a light, post tour dinner
- Limited Space – Only 40 spots available
- Great Value – Cost $40 (plus processing fee)
- Contact Brooke Schantz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alex Hamel (email@example.com) for any questions
Date: Thursday, June 20th, 2013
- 5:45-6:00 PM – Check-in at Rick Bayless Garden
- Please be on time! The tour will start without you!!!
- 6:00-7:15 PM – Rick Bayless Garden Tour
- Tour led by garden manager, Bill Shores, of Shores Garden Consulting.
- Experience Rick’s extensive outdoor kitchen, a multitude of stunning container plantings, a commercial organic vegetable garden, composting systems and more.
- 7:15-7:30 PM – A short walk to Silver Cloud Bar and Grill
- Short 6 min walk talking Wabansia Ave
- 7:30-9:00 PM - Silver Cloud Bar and Grill
- Enjoy appetizers, networking, and a chance to win door prizes!
- Bring your business cards; leave with new contacts!!
- 30 Rock Trivia starts at 9 PM if you want to make a team and stay for the fun!
- By car:
- We recommended that you park near Silver Cloud and walk to the garden.
- Free street (Wabansia and Hermitage Ave) and metered parking is available.
- Silver Cloud Bar and Grill Adress: 1700 N Damen Ave Chicago, IL 60647
- Public Transportation:
- Close to Blue Line, Damen bus, and North Ave. bus stops
Sorry, no refunds will be provided.
Previous Tours Include:
- Hot Chocolate Networking Tour (April 2011)
- Olive Oil, Spices, and Wine…Oh My! (February 2012)
- Rick Bayless Garden Networking Event (June 2012, Sept 2012)
- Bayless Brunch and Hot Chocolate Demo (March 2012)
When & Where
Brooke Blue Schantz holds a B.S. (Purdue University) in dietetics and M.S. (University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaBrign) in Nutritional Sciences. During her Masters studies she completed her Dietetic Internship and became a Registered Dietitian (R.D.).
Brooke is an active member in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, formerly known as the American Dietetic Association (ADA). She is the President-Elect of the Chicago Dietetic Association, Nominating Chair of the Illinois Dietetic Association, and a committee member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Diversity Committee.
Brooke understands the power of networking and wanted to create more events to allow foodies to do just that!