San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
On October 28th, RichmondUX will be hosting and moderating a panel discussion on User Research. In addition to local UX and CX professionals from CarMax, CapitalOne, CapTech Consulting, and Singlestone Consulting, Richmond UX is proud to welcome Service Design expert Rebecca Horton to Richmond for our discussion.
Given that User Centered Design seems to be common wisdom—if not always common practice—what is the state of user research and where is it heading? As early as 2011, Forrester Research has been touting the "Age of the Customer," and has been entreating businesses to focus on the "Customer Experience." But well before CEOs and CMOs were reading about user research in industry publications and attending CX conferences, UX practitioners were busy in the trenches observing, surveying, and working with users to understand their needs. During the discussion, we'll dig into questions like:
- Who owns (or should own) user research in the organization?
- Is there such a thing as a UX process without user research?
- How much research is enough?
- What are the differences between market research and user research?
- What user research methods provide the most bang for the buck?
We'll leave plenty of time for audience questions, so come prepared!
4:30-5:00 - Networking & Announcements
5:00-5:45 - Panel Discussion
5:45-6:00 - Q&A