Embodied State of Mind’s 5-week “Revolutionize the way you feel about your body” workshops are ideal for anyone seeking to gain the skills and knowledge to revolutionize the way they feel about their body and enjoy interacting with like-minded others. Accepting body image dissatisfaction, as a normal part of life is not a solution. It is affecting your quality of life and preventing you from reaching your full potential. A positive body image is attainable!
- Week 1 focuses on changing your mindset. Here, you will learn how to change your mindset and restore your ability to feel good about your body and yourself.
- Week 2 focuses on origins of beliefs. Here, you will discover the origins of your beliefs and identify the reasons that have led you to feel the way you do about your body today.
- Week 3 focuses on body reality versus body ideal. Here you will be challenged to think about the issues that matter most to you in relation to your body, and establish a list of priorities for change.
- Week 4 focuses on body image management strategies. Here, you will learn practical strategies to restore harmony between your body ideal and body reality.
- Week 5 focuses on facing the world. Here, you will learn how to overcome self-monitoring and social feedback and use it to your advantage.
Also included in this workshop:
- The body revolution workbook
- The visit of a specialist consultant (nutritionist or personal trainer) in Week 4
- A follow up, one-on-one consultation with Dr Baker
This workshop is limited to 12 participants. It includes a mix of lecture, conversation and group activity. To get the most out of this workshop, participants will be given individual activities to complete in their own time. The follow up consultation with Dr. Baker must be used by January 31st, 2017.
This workshop takes place over 5 consecutive weeks, on Tuesday evenings from 6pm to 8pm, starting November 1, 2016.