Restoring a Floodplain at Live Oaks Ranch in Knights Valley
With Stewardship Project Manager Trevor George
February 25 (Sunday) 1–4pm
Live Oaks Ranch contains the headwaters of Bidwell Creek, a tributary whose waters eventually reach the Russian River. Restoring upstream habitat keeps rivers and streams clean and healthy for the steelhead, salmon and other animals who depend upon their waters. Join Trevor George for an exploration of the creek and the floodplain and riparian enhancement project currently underway.
Level 2- Some inclines with good trails
About Live Oaks Ranch
When Marie Rogers passed away, she bequeathed her stunning 572-acre ranch above Knights Valley to the Sonoma Land Trust. Located near Mount St. Helena in the Mayacamas range, Live Oaks Ranch serves as an important linkage between other protected properties in the region, providing safe passage and habitat connectivity for wildlife.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or (707) 526-6930 x 110.
Save This Event
When & Where
Sonoma Land Trust
Sonoma Land Trust conserves scenic, natural, agricultural and open land for the future of Sonoma County by:
- Developing long term land protection strategies,
- Promoting private and public funding for land conservation,
- Acquiring land and conservation easements,
- Practicing stewardship, including the restoration of conservation properties, and
- Promoting a sense of place and a land ethic through activities, education and outreach.