Restaurant Management Bootcamp: Legal Considerations when Opening a Bar or Restaurant
An insider look at tips, tricks, and best practices to start your first restaurant in NYC, presented by Restaurant Attorney David Helbraun Esq.
To start and run a successful restaurant you must understand many different legal considerations which make operating in New York City, particularly unique. Whether you are a new or existing restaurant owner, this special follow-up to the Restaurant Management Bootcamp class will help you gain a deeper understanding of all of the basic requirements to get your business up and running.
You will learn about:
- Incorporating or forming a Limited Liability Company (pros/cons of each)
- Partnership Considerations (The legalities of dealing with your business partners and investors)
- Finding your restaurant space (Buying an existing restaurant vs. straight lease)
- Negotiating your Restaurant’s lease
- Liquor License overview
- General discussion on permits needed (food service/cabaret/sidewalk café, etc.)