Respiratory Subacute Competency Training
Sub-Acute Acquired Competency Training
The participant will:
1. Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system.
2. Be able to safely change a Tracheotomy Tube
3. Be able to describe the purpose and indications for mechanical
3. Be able to appropriately operate and manage a portable home-style
4. Assess, manage, and provide respiratory care to a ventilator dependent
5. Demonstrate ventilator management skills.
6. Have ventilator management clinical skills validated following the class.
This course is designed to provide portable ventilator management training and certification of skills for licensed nurses working in an acute, Subacute, or skilled nursing facility. In addition, a review of anatomy, physiology, and patient respiratory assessment are presented. The participants will be provided with both classroom didactic and hands on practice. Following the inservice, participants will have their clinical skills validated and recorded.
TYPE OF OFFERING:
Lecture, demonstration, handouts, and hands on practice.
NUMBER OF CONTACT HOURS:
METHOD OF EVALUATION:
Post test and return demonstration.