Actions and Detail Panel
Residential Green Building Committee Meeting
Mon, October 16, 2017, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
Special Guest: Emily Fabel from the Center of Eco-technology will be speaking in October. She is the Green Business Program Leader.
She will be speaking about the State’s efforts to reduce the incredibly high load Construction Waste (41% of all materials) that goes into MA Landfills. She will talk about programs to support Owners and Contractors to identify and divert materials and waste from construction to re-use and recycle opportunities. She will also speak about ways in which the industry can support and advocate the evolving regulations in MA that will make Deconstruction instead of Demolition the norm, and the potential future of building material recycling and re-use.
Residential Green Building Committee
The committee’s objectives are to work to raise the awareness of the benefits of residential green building and remodeling and to increase the quantity of projects registering for LEED for Homes. The committee, through education and outreach, will focus on the following:
- Hold across MA, Lunch and LEED, education sessions and tours on topics such as Zero Net Energy, Deep Energy Retrofits and REGREEN
- Help the community understand and implement LEED for Homes and residential green building, remodeling and retrofits
- Ensure that our target markets are aware of available green building tools and resources
- Partner with other Green Building Programs
- Establish a collaborative relationship with a professional and/or community organizations
- Develop case studies and green residential building content for the USGBC MA website
Please contact Kimberly Le (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining this committee or plan on attending an upcoming meeting.