RESCHEDULED: Whole Foods Market-Golden Community Garden Kids Day of Service
Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the Golden Community Garden! This is a great opportunity for us to all get together and help out our community and have a great time in the garden.
Come join us for a fun day in the garden weeding, harvesting, arranging flowers, and learning! We'll have activities for kids and family members from 2-102.
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. There will be plenty to do the day of, so definitely come eager to help.
We'll also have a yummy build-your-own-salad bar for everyone, plus goodies to go on the side. This is a great way to "eat a rainbow" of fruits and veggies in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Sweeping plant boxes
* Top dressing pathways
* Picking and arranging flowers
* Garden tours
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Erik Husman for questions on site; email firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.838.4858
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
When & Where
Whole Foods Market- Colfax is proud to be partnering with the Golden Community Garden for our Kids' Day of Service! Our store is located on West Colfax Avenue, just across from the Colorado Mills shopping center. We have been a proud community partner for many years, and hope to have many more. Stop by our store to check out cooking classes, demonstrations, and come check out our local Colorado products. We can't wait to see you.