Urban Sketchers celebrates 10 years, and we want to celebrate introducing the first long term USK course ever! We invite all sketchers around the world to attend ten on location classes with a USK official instructor/s nearby your city to learn or improve the core value of Urban Sketching: sketch the world, one drawing at a time.
The series of workshops “Reporting from Portland” is designed to highlight concepts, city scenes, and cultural and urban phenomena that came to symbolize Portland both to its inhabitants and to the outside community. We will learn how to create visual narratives starting with smaller objects and concepts, progressing to drawing larger architectural landmarks and street scenes and finally culminating in a full reportage about the life of our city with the stories about neighborhoods, markets, and street festivals.
Each participant will be given a chance to showcase their Portland story sketches at the end of the workshop series by participating in the group exhibition.
Workshops are designed for all levels of participants. Instructors will provide guidance and tips necessary to get started for beginner sketchers while more seasoned artists will be challenged to further their skills with a fun array of fast-paced subjects and themes.
- Learn and perfect the art of sketching on location;
- Improve your drawing skills;
- Learn how to select, frame and design visual stories on a page;
- Learn how writing and drawing can work together to communicate more to your audience;
- Experience the advantages of group learning and seeing the many paths to success;
- Create visual stories about Portland;
- Join the exciting Urban Sketching movement that is taking the world by storm.
Further information about the specific workshops locations and instructional points will be sent upon registration. Click on a specific date, and then choose "Tickets" to read about individual workshops.
Use the contact link below if you have any questions. For more information visit the Urban Sketchers website.
Date and Time