Actions and Detail Panel
RENOVO ATV CRUISE FOR A CURE 2017
Sat, June 10, 2017, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Visit our facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/132141436822199
“ 2017 Renovo ATV Cruise for a Cure”
The Bucktail Medical Center Relay for Life Team along with the Central Mountains ATV Association is hosting the 7th Annual Renovo ATV Cruise for a Cure. This is a guided ATV ride with proceeds benefitting the American Cancer Society.
IN ORDER TO BE GUARANTEED A T-SHIRT, WE MUST HAVE YOUR ORDER BY APRIL 30, 2017.
The venue for this years ride is changing and in the planning stages. Further details will be forthcoming.
These are event sponsors/partners:
If you will be riding in honor or memory of a loved one, we are offering these cards which can be placed on your machine. The cost is $2.00 and they will be laminated. If you would like to pre-order cards, please send the following information: Name of your loved one and whether it will be "In Honor Of" or "In Memory Of". The cards will be ready the day of the ride and can be paid for at that time. Additional cards will be available the day of the ride but will not be pre-printed. Please send your orders to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2017.
1. Renovo ATV Cruise for a Cure follows all state and federal laws.
2. This is a guided ride. All riders must stay on route in their relay group and follow all signs. Each group has a minimum of three safety officers to assist riders.
3. If you need to stop along the route, pull off to avoid becoming a hazard. One of the safety crew in your group will stay with you until your situation is resolved.
4. Stay out of ditches and soft areas.
5. Follow the event guide and rider in front of you. Be aware of the rider behind you.
6. All ATV's must be registered in Pennsylvania or registered in a state that is recognized by Pennsylvania and hold a valid proof of liability insurance. http://www.dcnr.state,pa.us/atv/reciprocity.aspx
7. More information is available at PA STATE RULES & REGULATIONS AND PA DCNR ATV
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
YES - all operators must have a VALID drivers license to enter this event as required by PA state law. All passengers must be at least 8 years old.
Federal Juvenile Requirements
Up to 8 years old - If your child is required to ride in a child safety seat or booster seat in your vehicle, the same is required for an ATV. The only way you can install a child safety seat or booster seat in an ATV is if you have a side-by-side that comes with manufacturer installed seat belts. No children under 8 may ride double on an ATV or dirt bike.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking will be available at the Bucktail Medical Center in South Renovo. You will be directed to park and unload your machine. You can then drive your machine through South Renovo and across the bridge to the Flaming Foliage Lot where you will complete the check in process and sign up for a group.
Will I be able to camp at the event location?
Camping will not be available at the event location. However, primitive camping will be available at Bucktail Medical Center in South Renovo at no charge. You will be able to ride your ATV to the Flaming Foliage Lot in Renovo which is where the event will begin and end. If you would like to camp, please let me know how many nights you will be staying and the type of camper you have. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact me at 570-531-6127.
Are there other places to camp?
(1) Quiet Oaks Camp Ground - 570-923-2386 - http://www.quietoaks.org/pages/contact.php
(2) Hyner Run State Park - 570-923-6000 - http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/hynerrun/index.htm
(3) Kettle Creek State Park - 570-923-6004 - http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/kettlecreek/index.htm
Other places to stay/eat?
(1) Sportsman's Hotel & Restaurant - 570-923-9968
(2) Tripp's Four Seasons Motel - 570-923-1398 and Tripp's Grill - 570-923-2291
(3) Kettle Creek Inn (restaurant & motel) - 570-923-2442
(4) Kettle Creek Adventures Lodge and B&B. -570-923-0778- http://www.kcadventureslodge.com
(5) Yesterday's Restaurant and Hotel - 570-923-2642. Offering a 10% discount to any participants who stay at Yesterday's. You can park your vehicle in their parking lot and ride to the event.
Additional details will be forthcoming.