This talk is about the benefits and challenges of remote working in general, but we will focus in Agile Teams, we work as a distributed Team creating new products and we show you what makes sense and work better for us, Best Practices, Best Tools and how to tackle the biggest challenges.
In agile teams we used to talk a lot about developers, but in this talk we will explore how work with other roles inside the team: scrum masters, designers, testers, and how we can improve our collaborative tasks.
We also talk about how being present when we work remotely and how to build a better teamwork ecosystem in your company.
Some of the things we will discuss:
- Every day, the number of people working remotely increases and we need to get ready for the challenges that that implies. This can be accomplished by using tools that help us to enhance our communication with remote team members, or methodologies that reduce the gap in the decision making process and enhance our team health.
- We want to share our experience on this kind of teams with the WeWork’s community and we hope this will help you for future projects.
For this workshop, your instructors will be Frank Hernandez and Hector Benitez who are working as Developers at Nearsoft LABS; they work in different locations in Mexico (Chihuahua &San Luis Potosi) and both combined have more than 14 years in software development and lean/agile processes.
A platform so remote or distributed agile teams can improve their internal processes leveraging their development platforms like Trello, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker and Youtrack. We have the following tools:
- Hipchat add-on and a Confluence add-on for Scrum Poker (agile estimates).
- Agile Retrospectives for Confluence.
- Hangouts plugin for Planning Poker.
TQ is a curated tech hub in the heart of Amsterdam, founded by TNW. We help push tech startups towards exponential growth by providing our residents & members with the right community, eventsand facilities. Also, the occasional hug.