San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"A comprehensive, highly practical account of the emergent world view in business. Everything you need to know about building a new paradigm organization!" - Richard Barrett, Chairman and Founder of the Barrett Values Centre
In his groundbreaking book, Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness, Frederic Laloux shows that every time humanity shifts to a new stage of consciousness, it invents a whole new way to structure and run organizations, each time bringing extraordinary breakthroughs in collaboration. A new organizational model seems to be emerging before our eyes, and it promises a soulful revolution in the workplace.
Join us for an evening of dynamic, interactive dialogue with Frederic Laloux and advocates of Laloux's approach who will share their stories of how they are implementing the work, real time.
6:30pm - Arrival & Light Refreshments (space is limited so we encourage you to arrive early!)
7:00pm - Presentation and Interactive Dialogue with Frederic Laloux, author of Reinventing Organizations
8:00pm - Break
8:15pm - Interactive Brilliant Conversation (see below for our Guest StoryTellers)
9:30pm - Networking & Light Refreshments
Interactive Brilliant Conversation with Guest StoryTellers:
- Frederic Laloux, author of Reinventing Organizations (see below for full bio)
- Karen and Henry Kimsey-House are co-founders of The Coaches Training Institute (CTI), and have served as pioneers in the coaching and leadership development field for 20+ years, transforming 50,000+ lives. Known for innovative, experiential program design (CTI’s Coach Training curriculum and Co-Active Leadership Program), they are also sought-after speakers and co-authors of the best-seller Co-Active Coaching: Changing Business, Transforming Lives, considered a seminal work in the profession. They are currently co-authoring Co-Active Leadership: Five Ways to Lead, (September 2015) which describes a leadership model that they believe can support organizations as they evolve toward Frederic Laloux’s concept of the Teal organization.
- Marcos Salazar is Co-founder and Executive Director of Be Social Change, the largest social impact community and professional development hub in New York City. As a social entrepreneur, career + life coach, consultant, speaker, and community builder, Marcos works with professionals, entrepreneurs, and creatives to help them pursue work they are passionate about, build authentic personal brands, become financially successful, and create lives that make the world a better place. Marcos earned a B.A. in Psychology from Amherst College as well as a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. Marcos is a board member of the Young Professionals Nonprofit Network and an American Express Leadership Academy Fellow.
- Nathan Snyder is a Strategist at Undercurrent, a 21st century organization design consultancy where he helps companies become more Responsive in an uncertain world. Nathan is insatiably curious about how we think and make decisions in complex environments, and has spent his career pursing a heuristic of work that attempts to reconcile purpose and profit, asking the question "how can we turn our work tasks into life tasks?" He is an international facilitator of Lean Startup workshops and a student at Lectica and the Interdevelopmental Institute where he researches cognitive development in adults.
Who Is Organizing This Event?
This event is being collaboratively produced by a group of like-minded professionals who are passionate about supporting the evolution of human consciousness in business:
- Michael Stern, Integral Alignment & Centre for Social Innovation
- Suzan Acker & Jill Schichter, The Coaches Training Institute
- Shawn Berry, LIFT Economy
- Luzette Jaimes, Ashoka
- Julia Fischer, Integral New York
- Nancy Eagan, People Potential
Space Partner: Impact Hub NYC is a coworking & events space for a membership community of entrepreneurs, activists, creatives, and professionals taking action to drive positive social and environmental change. You are invited to experience it for yourself and sign up for a free week.
Praise for Reinventing Organizations
"What (Laloux's book) reveals about the organizational model of the future is enlightening and deeply hopeful."
- Norman Wolfe, Author, The Living Organization
"As the rate of change escalates exponentially, the old ways of organizing and educating are dying. Laloux is one of the few management leaders exploring what comes next. (His work) is deeply different."
- Bill Drayton, Founder, Ashoka: Innovators for the Public
"Game-changer! The most exciting book I've read in years on organization design and leadership models. Sustainability? Employee engagement? Innovation? This elegant way of working realizes those aspirations effortlessly while ...infusing heart and spirit into work."
- Jenny Wade, Author, Changes of Mind
Frederic Laloux works as an adviser, coach, and facilitator with corporate leaders who feel called to explore fundamentally new ways of organizing. His work—and the research for his upcoming book—draws on two strands:
- His deep understanding of the inner workings of organizations, which he developed among other during the years he worked as an organization and strategy consultant with McKinsey & Company, where he was an Associate Principal.
- His longstanding fascination with the topic of human development and his own joyful journey of personal and spiritual growth.
Frederic has worked intimately with people at all levels of organizations. He has witnessed how the organizations that make up the fabric of our modern lives (large corporations and small businesses, hospitals and schools, nonprofits and government agencies) are for the most part places of quiet and pervasive suffering, places inhospitable to the deeper yearnings of our souls. The intuition that more is possible—that we must be capable of creating truly soulful organizations that invite all of our human potential into the workplace—has led him to engage into groundbreaking research: how a currently emerging, new form of consciousness is bringing forth a radically more soulful, purposeful, and productive organizational model.
Reinventing Organizations, the book based on this research, has been variously described as “groundbreaking,” “brilliant,” “spectacular,” “impressive,” and “world-changing” by some of the most respected scholars in the field of human development.
Frederic lives in Brussels, Belgium, where he is blessed to share his life with his wife, Hélène, and their two children. You can reach him at email@example.com
To learn more about Reinventing Organizations, please visit: http://www.reinventingorganizations.com
When & Where
Integral Alignment is a community of practice dedicated to catalyzing and stewarding the evolution of consciousness and culture.