Are you thinking about reinventing your career or giving it a new direction?
Do you want to lead your career to the next level?
Do you want to take charge of your career path and get prepared for your next step?
MOST OF US DO NOT HAVE A STRUCTURED WAY TO PREPARE FOR A CAREER CHANGE OR GIVE IT A NEW TURN.
The Business Model You® process uses an easily understood visual tool to teach you how to describe and analyse both enterprise and “personal” business models. It shows you how to revisit your life direction and consider how you want to align your personal and career aspirations. You’re then ready to adjust your work life using the Personal Business Model Canvas.
Tim Clark introduces the use of personal business models in his bestselling book "Business Model You" offering a structured method that helps responding questions such as:
How can I add value?
How can I feel more valued and motivated at work?
How can I sell myself and my ideas better?
How can I create a job according to my skills and likes?
How can I identify opportunities in my current job?
Business models are an excellent frame to describe, analyse and reinvent your career.
WHY BUSINESS MODELS? DON´T BUSINESS MODELS JUST APPLY TO ORGANIZATIONS?
A business model describes the rationale of how an organization creates, delivers and captures value. The "Business Model Canvas", is a strategic management and entrepreneurial tool. It allows you to describe, design, challenge, invent, and pivot your business model.
In changing times, business models tend to change, and you are also exposed to factors that you cannot control.
During this workshop, you will learn a tool that you can use for life to be prepared to face and prepare for changes.
You will consider yourself a one-person organization and use this tool to define and modify your personal business model, to take advantage of your skills and aptitudes to grow personally and as a professional.
Understanding how to describe and understand the business model of your organization (or of the organization where you would like to work) will allow to identify the elements that you need to succeed. Those individuals, who care for the organization’s success and understand how to achieve goals toward that, are the most valued members and have more opportunities for growth.
By understanding the organizational business model, you will also understand how you align with that model to define, profile and develop your career and adapt the model to changing times.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
The workshop is specially designed for:
- professionals working in sectors subject to change
- professionals whose career has reached a point of little chance of further advancement
- professionals who are unsure about how to grow in their career
- managers who lead teams that have a hard time understanding the “big picture”
- professionals considering freelancing or starting a new company
- professionals preparing for career transitions
- expat / expat spouses preparing for career transitions
- professionals keen to achieve greater levels of satisfaction
- managers striving to align employee actions with enterprise aims
- leaders seeking a breakthrough approach to talent management
- HR employees looking for new ways to maximize their human capital
WHAT ARE PARTICIPANTS GOING TO LEARN?
Participants will master the Business Model You® work redesign and management technique, a powerful method they can use their entire life. Specifically, they will:
- get confidence and enjoyment from designing their career by diagramming their current Personal Business Model using strong visual design and innovation technology;
- gain key insights into how they can work differently
- be inspired by feedback from other professionals with diverse backgrounds;
- learn how to share their new found expertise with colleagues and walk away with a new Personal Business Model for themselves;
- gain confidence to taking charge of managing their career development, by using an innovative visual model;
- understand how to work in new ways, diagramming a concrete plan to achieve those objectives;
- get inspired and benefit from rich feedback from other participants, who will question their models and add a new view point to help them think differently;
- understand how to share the learning with colleagues;
- take a new business model back home, including a draft plan of next steps to achieve their future career aspirations;
- be more prepared to face and adapt to changes.
1 – Drawing Organizational Business Models
- Set Today’s Goal
- Guided Tour of the Business Model Canvas (A. Osterwalder)
- Group Practice Diagramming Organizational Models (using as an example a well-known international organization)
2 – Drawing & Refining Personal Business Models
- Guided Tour of the Personal Business Model Canvas
- Exercise: Diagram and Refine Your As-Is Personal Business Model
- Identify “pain points” and opportunities to refine your model with help of peers
3 – Reflect & Act
- Define your Professional Identity, Purpose, Value Proposition with help of LEGO®
- Draw “To Be” Personal Business Model identifying development areas
- Teamwork: Quick-Test your New Model with Colleagues
- Q&A and action plan/ letter to self
4 – Networking
Seating is limited to 12 people. Participation fee (SFR 299 incl VAT) includes:
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Snacks and Refreshments
- One oversized Business Model Canvas and Personal Business Model Canvas poster
- Handout and training materials needed
Work will include use of LEGO® Serious Play®; a blend of interactive presentations, pair and group exercises, case studies, structured feedback sessions, and group-generated Q&A.
LEGO® Serious Play® is a facilitated meeting, communication and problem solving method, where participants are led through a series of questions. Each participant builds his/ her own three dimensional LEGO® model in response to the facilitator´s questions using specially selected LEGO® Bricks. The 3D Models serve as the basis for individual thinking, group discussion, knowledge sharing, problem solving and decision making. Objective is to maximize the full potential, insight, confidence and commitment of all the people around the table.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
This workshop will be delivered by Mercedes Hoss (OFF-TIME GMBH).
Mercedes supports (inter)national organizations with the development and improvement of business models by getting teams and individuals to think broadly and expansively about their own strategies and business models. She enjoys realizing the successful impact of implementing new tools, skills and mindsets within organizations.
She has 20+ years of hands-on management experience, 16 of which in leading functions in the areas of IT (ERP/ consolidation/ financial integration) and business/ process optimization for international corporates, like Coopers & Lybrand, Systems Union, Pfizer Inc. and Ancestry.
Born in Argentina (German and Italian descent), she lived in the US, UK and Chile before moving to Munich in 2008 and worked in over 30 countries. She speaks and “lives” English, German and Spanish
Her areas of expertise include project management, “new” leadership, “entrepreneurial” career planning, cultural intelligence, co-creation/ design thinking, and end-to-end organization of impactful collaborative events.
She holds a Business Administration Degree (Universidad Catolica Argentina) and is a certified project manager (PMP®), business coach (ACTP ICF), communications trainer (IMS), LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Facilitator and Business Model You® Practitioner.
Since 2013 she works with Tim Clark (Business Model You author) organizing and co-facilitating Business Model You® workshops in Europe.
CANCELLATION POLICY & OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Cancellation terms: If you cancel up to one month before the event, 50% of your workshop fee will be refunded. After that date, we cannot refund workshop fees for any reason, but at any time you may designate someone else to attend the training in your place.
Program content is subject to change at the facilitator’s sole discretion.
Tickets prices will be refunded 100% if the training is cancelled at the organizer’s discretion. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for travel reservation losses or inconvenience resulting from cancellations.
Tickets may be trasferred to another participant up to 2 days prior to to the event
Please bring your printed ticket to the event, or download it on your mobile.
The event is going to be held in English as the workshop attracts a very international crowd.
German/ Spanish support will be offered as much as needed.
Most of the work takes place individually or in pairs/ small groups. We will try to group people based on language preference (English/ German) whenever possible.
FIRST FOUR PARTICIPANTS TO SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE WILL RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF THE "Business Model You®" book.
If you have any further questions, then please contact the organizer, The Creative Space.