Actions and Detail Panel
Regulatory Submissions all Part of CMC
Tue, August 1, 2017, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Regulatory Submissions all Part of CMC
Speaker : Jerry Dalfors
Regulations in 21 CFR 314.50, 314.94, and 601.2 provide general requirements for submittingNDAs, ANDAs, and BLAs, respectively. Section 505 is also what the attendee needs to be aware of. This section addresses briefly some general issuesrelated to providing marketing applications in paper format.Ensuring we understand the terms and expectations associated with Amendments and Supplements once a product submission has been approved and then we have to make some changes as result of following the current PV statistical regulations. Although the CTD or eCTd and the RTD describes what we submitted and is to be used in the local area when an inspection occurs, so all employees are telling the stories.The initial submission included a portion of the CTD and TRD documents in compliance with the 505 portion on file in your facility. The FDA will consider, on a case-by-case basis, accepting submissions where some modulesare provided in the CTD or eCTD and TRD format and the rest of the submission is not the exact same format. Setting up the pre NDA/BLA meetings with the FDA prior to ever submitting the final submission is always required and generates a much higher probability of them understanding the whole process which then ensures a more effective and quick acceptance of the submission to allow the product to be marketed. Before needing to know all about the CTD and TRD process we all need to be aware of how to do the FDA Briefing Documents before doing a submission.
Generate the technical comprehension and technical writing capabilities to eliminate corporate interpretations and translations of technical terms relative to the specifics of your specific process. We always want to submit the submission in a way that does not require any interpretation, so that when the FDA reads the documents they come to the EXACT same conclusion we did to generate the production process for this product ensuring we are not generating any patient risk.
- CTD FORMAT FOR EACH SUBMISSION which 505 requirements, Common Technical Document Summaries, Quality, Nonclinical Study Reports, Clinical Study Reports – Examples as follows
- CTD / TRD - General Design of Buildings and Facilities, Pressure Differentials and Airflows / Air Handlers
- CTD / TRD - Brief Description of Production Operation, Product Flow and Equipment Flow
- CTD / TRD - Instruction and Training of Personnel, Personnel Flow and Gowning Procedures to generate operational quality minimizing product damage or contamination.
- CTD / TRD - Qualification/Validation of Computer Systems, all process operations, building services, stability, etc
- CTD / TRD - Detailed Description of Major Equipment, Product Bulk Connections, SIP and Associated Controls-General Overview
- CTD / TRD - Description and Validation of Support Utility Systems, Compressed Air Distribution System and other related validation needs.
- CTD / TRD - Description and Validation of Miscellaneous Equipment, as well as Ultrasonic Washers/COP – General Overview of all.
CONFIDENTIAL - Technical Registration Document Request and Routing Form. Attach supporting documentation, such as an approved QA change, if needed along with clinical results as needed. The submission will not be processed unless all supporting documentation is attached (validation, TRD, CTD,eCTDs, clinical results, etc.)Review of the needed documents and objective evidence that providesneeded detail to gain easy and quick approval of a product, bypreparing a Common Technical Document and the Technical Registration Document for the registration of pharmaceuticals for human and veterinary use as the submission to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This discussion is intended to describe how to organize new drug applications (NDAs), abbreviatednew drug applications (ANDAs), and biological license applications (BLAs) based on the FDA expectations to approve the submission. Based on these required elements for an easy FDA review of the submission we all have to be very comprehensive about the FDA Briefing Documents most people know nothing about for making their approval very quick and successful
- Manufacturing Operations
- Formulation, Engineering
- Product and Process Development
- Regulatory Affairs
- Research and Development
- Sterility Assurance
- Technical Operations and Validation Professionals as well as
- Inspectors and auditors