Regulatory Compliance for Food Supplements in the EU
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This 90-minute webinar will discuss regulatory requirements for food supplements in the EU. It will cover regulatory structure, registration, labeling, supplement ingredient criteria/safety and advertising considerations. Borderline products such as medicinal and herbal products will also be discussed.
Why Should You Attend:
A growing public demand for Food Supplements has resulted in a flurry of companies creating and marketing supplements in the EU and Canada. With regulatory authorities taking a strong stance on enforcement of regulatory policies and procedures, it is important for companies to verify that their products comply with the latest regulations and provisions if they plan to market Food Supplements in the EU.
This 90 minute webinar on food supplements will review the directives, regulations and authoritative bodies that impact Food Supplements in the EU and will discuss how to verify that products are compliant with published regulations. Validity of Food Supplement ingredients will be discussed along with novel foods, medicinal foods and other borderline products. We will cover detailed requirements for registration, labeling and acceptable marketing claims and touch on subtle differences within EU member states.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Organizations and Regulatory Structure.
- EU Regulatory Structure
- Industry & Regulatory Groups
- Supplement Regulation
- Early History
- Food Supplement Directive
- Premarket Registration/Notification Requirements
- Manufacturing Considerations
- Quality requirements
- Member State Application
- Differences within Member States
- Supplement Ingredients
- Ingredient Criteria
- Ingredient safety
- RDA vs RDI
- Labeling Considerations
- Display Panels & Layout
- Labeling Claims
- Health claims
- Disease Claims
- Reduction of Disease Risk Claims
- Nutrition Claims
- Claim Substantiation
- Medicinal Foods
- Herbal Products
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.