Dr. Kyle Longo is excited to engage patient challenges with regenerative medicine and other advancing technologies to contribute to the best possible outcomes for his patients. Regenerative medicine is making revolutionary progress in treating patients with an array of degenerative conditions and/or injuries that are historically resistant to traditional treatment options.
WHAT IS THIS THERAPY?
Platelets and stem cells are responsible for repair, whether in healing an injury or recovering from surgery. Platelets are found circulating in the blood stream in moderately small numbers. By concentrating the platelets drawn from your own blood supply, we are able to harness the power of platelets to relieve pain and stop inflammation for orthopedic disorders and injuries. These procedures are replacing traditional orthopedic surgery in many instances for conditions ranging from soft tissue injuries to various joint afflictions, such as a torn meniscus or arthritis of the joint.
WHAT ARE POTENTIAL TREATMENT BENEFITS?
- Renews, repairs and promotes grown factors for pain/ injuries
- Promotes and releases natural regenerative growth factors
- Release anti-inflammatory agents to aid and speed the healing process
- Improve joint, tendon and ligament functions
- No risk of allergic or adverse reaction
- Little to no downtime, a safe and fast recovery
- Promotes new tissue growth, and healing properties
ALTERNATIVES TO SURGERY
Knee replacements are one of the most common Orthopedic surgeries suggested for pain relief. With a surgery comes multiple appointments, recovery down time, pain, scars, and occasionally hardware damage done to your body. Our procedures help alleviate pain and the conditions causing it, with a same day injection. There is little to no downtime and most patients return to normal activity the same day.