San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Reelfoot Lake Photo Workshop
Looking to take your creative expression to the next level?
- Blair Ball Photo Workshops are designed to challenge you to reach new heights with your photography.
- Join professional photographer and instructor Blair Ball on a fun, enjoyable day at Reelfoot Lake.
- This instructional workshop will be both on land and in a pontoon boat.
- Learn first hand how you create photographs you’ve always dreamed of making!
Register by June 15th and receive a 50% Discount
Where: Reelfoot Lake, Tiptonville, Tennessee
When: Friday Evening - Sunday Morning July 7-9th 2017
Tuition : $399 | If you register by June 15th your tuition is $199! | 50% Discount | After June 15th $399
Class Size: 8-10
Instructor: Blair Ball
If you have any questions, or if you wish to register for this workshop, please email Blair Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reelfoot is the only large natural lake in Tennessee, and gives its name to Lake County, Tennessee, in which it is located.
Reelfoot Lake State Park, located in the northwest corner of Tennessee, is one of the greatest hunting and fishing preserves in the nation. The lake encompasses 25,000 acres (15,000 of which are water) and harbors almost every kind of shore and wading bird, as well as the golden and American bald eagles. Other animals are also diverse and abundant here. Its many species of flowering and non-flowering plants attract botany enthusiasts from all over the country. Cypress dominates the margins of the lake, but many other trees and shrubs are also present. There are over 240 plus species of birds in the Reelfoot Lake area.
Friday Night the 7th
- Brief meeting 6:00 PM at Bluebank Resort to discuss upcoming Saturday timelines and events. Get to meet one another. Then we will leave at promptly at 7:00 PM for those that are here for a sunset photo event. The drive is approximately 30 mins. It's an awesome place for sunsets, so plan on being there if you can.
Saturday the 8th
- Sunrise from the banks of Reelfoot Lake. We will start early to get there at least 30 minutes before sunrise.
- 1/2 day pontoon boat trip around Reelfoot Lake. Looking for birds, (Egrets, Herons, Eagles, Ducks, Osprey and possible newborns in nest). Also, stop for lotus flowers, and other natural animals.
- Lunch out on the lake. We will dock and have lunch at a local restaurant on the water.
- In the afternoon we will walk around the boardwalk area and photograph. Usually see dragonfly’s,frogs and birds.
- Sunset from the banks of Reelfoot Lake. We want to be in position at least 30 minutes before the sun sets.
Sunday Morning the 9th - Bonus
For those who want to stay over, I've arranged for us to photograph Eagles in their large cage. Also, have arranged to photograph different Owls outside of their cage in a prearranged setting. This is the icing on the cake for this photo workshop. You can get some amazing up close and personal photos of these birds!!!
As noted above, we will do some walking on this workshop. Walking will typically be easy. Every participant must complete and sign a standard liability waiver and medical form before participating in this workshop.
It’s approximately 120 from Memphis in Northwest Tennessee in a town called Tiptonville.
- Photography one on one instruction
- Boat transportation
- Location guiding
What’s Not Included
- Transportation to Reelfoot Lake
Don't fret...if you don't have some of this equipment. My good friend Roger at Lens Rentals has all of this available for rent at reasonable prices. http://www.lensrentals.com
- Wide angle to normal zoom lenses (in the range of 17mm to 200mm)
- Longer telephoto zoom for wildlife (100-400mm)
- 1.4x teleconverter
- Electronic shutter release
- Neutral Density Filter
- Polarizing Filter
Compact Flash or SD Cards (Bring Extras)
- Extra batteries
- Sturdy tripod
- Waterproof boots
- Bug repellant
- Pack to carry photo and personal gear
- Water bottle
- Clothing for warm weather
* Be sure to familiarize yourself with your camera and manual before arriving.
Our base of operations will be the Bluebank Resort at Reelfoot Lake. Please contact them or Reelfoot Lake Inn directly to reserve your room.
813 Lake Dr Hornbeak, TN 38232
Reelfoot Lake Inn
1520 State Route 21 East
Tiptonville, Tn 38079
Ph: 731-253-6845 | email@example.com