REDUCATION LONDON — FALL 2017:
3 DAY REDUCATION CLASS - Led by a team of RED professionals, students shoot and review 4K+ footage on the big screen each day.
Date: Tuesday, November 7th - Thursday, November 9th
RED Digital Cinema is committed to helping students develop hands-on, industry-specific skills through the REDucation program. Offering a fully immersive training environment, REDucation provides on set and post production experience using the DSMC2 camera systems.
This is real-world training. Taught by industry-leading professionals, REDucation is tailored for all skill levels—from students to working professionals.
REDucation's core course covers:
- Introduction to the DSMC System: Experience the modular capabilities of the RED DSMC2 system with various monitoring, lens, and mounting options
- Menu Structure: A complete overview of the camera menus and options
- Exposure Dynamics: Shooting RED in low light, high contrast, and daylight exterior
- Shooting Exercises: Learn best practices whether shooting motion, stills, or in HDRx
- Science of RED: Bayer pattern, resolution, codec choices, wavelets, and color science
- R3D Workflow: Post house and DIT overview, archival, editing and grading options
- Daily Screenings: Showcase of 4K footage from students and RED archives
- Data Dynamics: Learn about R3D file management, archiving, data rates, and hardware options
- Color Grading: Demonstrations from industry leaders regarding 4K professional color grading