Actions and Detail Panel
Red Tent: April New Moon Women's Circle
Wed, April 26, 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM EDT
The Red Tent is a safe and sacred space where women gather together to rest, to create, to nourish, and to dream. In this intimate New Moon circle, we will sow the seeds of our intention that will manifest through our daily thoughts and actions as the moon waxes.
This is a truly co-created event – it’s not a workshop, simply a warm and safe space to gather and share. There will be minimal facilitation but the idea is to honour each of the women in the circle and the magic that’s created in the spaces between us.
What it looks like:
What to bring:
- As we nourish our souls, let’s also nourish our bodies by sharing a communal meal. Please bring a vegetarian dish to share.
- You may wish to bring a reading of significance to share, an insight into this month’s moon, a poem, a quote that inspires you.
- If you want to perform a song, dance, poem, drum solo, monologue…we’re here to witness your magnificence!
- You are welcome to step up and lead a short (5 minute) guided meditation, movement, or breathwork exercise
- Weave your experience and intention into the fabric of our Red Tent (literally). Bring colourful bits of cloth, totems or ornaments to attach to our Red Tent. We have some beads and other supplies – you can also create your own ornament onsite.
All women-identified people are freely welcomed.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE RED TENT
- A place to honour nature’s cycles and connect with a circle of wise women.
- A place to rest and restore, to stop forcing the answers and instead allow them to arise.
- A place that honours and values our journey of womanhood.
Shecosystem’s mission is to honour the feminine in our working lives, and – whether we menstruate or not – part of that is recognizing that we are creative beings governed by cycles. Within this Red Tent, we care for ourselves and each other. We mark nature’s cycles with ceremony. We use our wisdom and creativity to heal ourselves and our planet. We are the priestesses of our own temple.
Why the new moon?
The new moon is a time when many women bleed. It is also the darkest time of the month, when we are likely to feel tired and inwardly focussed. During this vulnerable time, we gather with other women to rest and reflect, offer healing, and help each other tune in to our intuition.
The new moon is also a powerful time to set intentions – in this darkness, we are connected to our intuition and open to receiving insight from the depths.