Actions and Detail Panel
Red Pen Resume Review 2017
Sat, April 8, 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
40 Plus of SE Wisconsin is offering this FREE Workshop
Red Pen Resume Review
- How can I make my resume stand out from the rest?
- What format do HR staff and recruiters prefer, fonts, text size, white space?
- How many words should it be, what should I title the document?
- How many years should I include, how many pages should it be?
- How should I customize it for computer scanning to get a human to look at it?
- Do I really need to do a cover letter?
We have assembled a team of HR and recruiting experts to allow you to get multiple points of view and feedback on your resume.
Bring at least five (5) printed copies of your resume and get various viewpoints, asking the questions one-on-one with our assembled resume reviewers.
8:30 - 9:00 Sign In, grab a cup of coffee and network
9:00 - 9:45 Resume Do's & Don'ts
10:00 - 12:00 One-on-one resume review with the HR professionals. You’ll have multiple chances to have your resume reviewed during this time by more than one reviewer.
First impressions are critical so dress for success.
(And warmth..the Marcy Center tends to be very chilly. You will need a sweater or suit jacket.)
Job Seekers - We need your help too!
While you are participating, consider volunteering during this event to help keep it running smoothly. We are looking for a few good volunteers to help the day of the workshop to help with set up, registration, and clean up. Your time commitment will be about 30 minutes which will allow ample time for you to participate.
Ellie Mixter-Keller email@example.com
Turn south off of Capitol onto Mountain Drive. Marcy Center is on the south side of the church. Follow the signs. Park in the south parking lot and enter the doors under the overhang. Marcy Center is in the lower level.