Each year I am proud to host the Red Dress Charity Dinner. I choose one locally female owned restaurant and a local female interest charity to raise funds/goods to help. It’s a tradition to invite your lady friends out, treat yourself to a new red dress and enjoy a great dinner while we raise funds for a local cause.
This year's spotlighted Local Female Owned Restaurant – Meditrina’s new location in the up and coming Center 9th neighborhood with owner Jennifer Gilroy.
Appetizer trays during social period:
- Roasted beet hummus in cucumber cups (vegan)
- Chatcuterie and house pickles
- Mushrooms and brie with crostini
- Seasonal Salad
Entree Choices -
- Seared Cauliflower "Steak," warm farro salad, root vegetables, chermoula (vegan)
- Pan-seared Utah trout, goat cheese parsnip mash, tomato dashi, cured mushrooms, arugula salad
- Herb Chicken Confit, pan-seared gnocchi, local honey glazed carrots, preserved lemon buerre blanc.
Dessert Choices –
- Apple Walnut Tart, salty caramel (vegan)
- Chili Chocolate Pot de Creme, candied orange
Receiving Charity – Fearless Female Self Defense Scholarship Fund for Battered Woman’s Shelters.
Fearless Self Defense aims to empower women and men so that everyone feels free to live, love and dream in both private and public spaces without fear. Focusing on expanding individual’s choices in response to harassment, abuse and assault while encompassing all paths to end violence, this includes primary prevention, risk reduction and community outreach.
Owners, Lauren Mickelson and Megan Hoffman, are building a scholarship fund to provide training for local woman in battered women shelters. This fund will enable them to train women how to defend themselves in real life situations.
Dinner - $50
Includes: Dinner, gratuity, tax and 2 raffle tickets.
Dinner with Drinks - $65
Includes: Dinner, 2 drinks, gratuity, tax and 2 raffle tickets.
This year we are simplifying the donation aspect and asking for guest to purchase raffle tickets and participate in the silent auction rather than collecting items at the door.
Fun items and services
1 ticket for $5
5 tickets for $20
Various large ticket items.
Questions or want to donate?
email: Meg Griggs at firstname.lastname@example.org