This 8-week in-class Master Compost & Solid Waste course will cover:
- Backyard composting
- Soil biodiversity
- Sustainable landscaping
- Communication, leadership, and instruction skills you can use to teach others how to compost
Class Schedule: Tuesday evenings: 2/9/16, 2/16/16, 2/23/16, 3/1/16, 3/8/16, 3/15/16, 3/22/16, and 3/29/16
Time: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
1. What are my volunteer requirements?
This Course asks volunteers to commit to 40 hours of volunteer time through tabling, giving workshops, helping start programs in your business, apartment complex, community, or another RecycleWorks approved volunteer service that promote resource conservation. We support and encourage you to find volunteer activities that are most interesting, fulfilling, and fun for you!
2. Am I eligible to enroll in the Course?
You must be 14 years or older to attend the Course and a resident, business owner or employee located within San Mateo County. If you need ADA accommodations please contact us four (4) business days prior to the first class you will be attending.
3. What are my transport/parking options getting to the Course?
There is free parking for the course venue.
4. What should I bring to the Course?
Notepad and pen or pencil.
5. Will food/beverages be provided at the course?
Yes, we will be providing light snacks and select beverages at every class.
6. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact the Program Coordinator at RecycleWorks@smcgov.org or at 650-599-1498 / 1-888-442-2666.
7. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the Course?
No, registration for the Course is sufficient to attend. The instructors will have the list of participants who signed up for the class.